ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to contact MP?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

koonjparekh

How to contact MP?

Post by koonjparekh » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:44 pm

Hello All

Can someone please guide me how I can contact MP to see if there is any progress on my application and if I can get an early response?

Thanks
Koonj

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How to contact MP?

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:45 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

koonjparekh

Post by koonjparekh » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:01 pm

Thanks!

I asked because I wasnt sure if it was a member of parliament who can actually check with home office.

Thanks for taking the effort!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:06 pm

All your MP will do is write to HO asking for an update or reasons for delay. They often don't get much more than you would if you called the helpline.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:32 am

I am in contact with my MP, since I want to overturn a stupid decision, and it is my experience that the process is slow and frustrating. My MP wrote immediately to the HO after my contact, but the answer took 20 days, and had clearly not been considered properly, they just spouted what the ECO had said. Obviously, my MP had done nothing to argue any case on my behalf. So I tried to speak to my MP, but he did not recall and I could not get time with him, so I sent him an email detailing why the HO response was still wrong (i.e. they did not address the points raised, merely re-wrote what the ECO had written which had not taken into consideration the facts provided), and he just forwarded that email to the HO. Must wait another 20 days for an answer, there is no making them do anything faster, even if they failed to answer the question first put to them.
My point is, your MP should have more access to the HO so worth trying him/ her, but don't expect them to speak to anyone on your behalf, or take up the challenge of pushing for justice. Just, don't expect too much.