ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need visa to travel

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rajput king
Newly Registered
Poland

Do I need visa to travel

Post by Rajput king » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:44 pm

Hi I am non eea family member of eu citizen I have 5 years residence card from uk I want to travel alone to Dublin my wife will come later there so my question is this can I travel without visa to Ireland as far as a know I can travel with my wife without visa please guide me I need urgent travel

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Do I need visa to travel

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:53 pm

If you would normally require a visa for Ireland as a Pakistani citizen, then yes you need a visa if your wife is not travelling with you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rajput king
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Rajput king » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:59 pm

On my card written family member of eu citizen and my solicitor told me I dont need visa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:00 pm

Rajput king wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:59 pm
On my card written family member of eu citizen and my solicitor told me I dont need visa
Only if you travel with your EU spouse!!!
I want to travel alone to Dublin my wife will come later there
You are not travelling with her so you need a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:03 pm

Rajput king wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:59 pm
As the moderator confirmed before you will need a visa if travelling in the EU alone even if you are the family of a EU citizen and have a residence card.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Rajput king
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Rajput king » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:10 pm

We will travel next week to Dublin what other dacuments we have to show at airport

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:39 pm

Rajput king wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:10 pm
We will travel next week to Dublin what other dacuments we have to show at airport
I'm assuming you are travelling with your EU wife, if that's the case make sure you carry your marriage/civil partnership certificate with you.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.