ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturlisation and passport BC Spouse

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rikabi

Naturlisation and passport BC Spouse

Post by rikabi » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:29 am

Hi all,

So my wife has been granted indefinite leave to remain and will look to apply for naturalisation now, what I've realised is that some of you are applying for the passport and the naturalisation application at the same time, is this normal practice?

As I was under the impression you would need to apply for the passport once you've been approved naturalisation. :?:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturlisation and passport BC Spouse

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:34 am

It is a joint application scheme that has been in place for well over a year now.

To use the joint scheme, you apply and pay online for form AN and then submit supporting documents and the paper passport form at NDRS (nationality document return service).

Passport will only be issued once she is approved for citizenship and attended her ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rikabi

Post by rikabi » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:34 am
It is a joint application scheme that has been in place for well over a year now.

To use the joint scheme, you apply and pay online for form AN and then submit supporting documents and the paper passport form at NDRS (nationality document return service).

Passport will only be issued once she is approved for citizenship and attended her ceremony.
Thank you for the prompt answer, if I decide to apply separately would that mean I can only apply for the passport once she has attended the ceremony?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:51 pm

Yes. If you apply on your own by post, then she can I ly apply for a passport once she has attended her ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rikabi

Post by rikabi » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:41 pm

Anyone know if I can submit a certified translated copy of my marriage certificate as I can't find the original?

And if I apply online (with no support) can I send a my British passport photocopies of all pages rather than original , this is what what we did for ILR and it was ok.

rikabi

Post by rikabi » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:02 am

Sorry I wasn't clear below about the marriage certificate.

I submitted our original marriage + certified (by UAE, Abu Dhabi Judaical department + translation) for ILR and FLR applications.

Now I submitting a naturalisation it ask for original marriage certificate but I can't find this anywhere and only have the certified translation which has certified copy of the Arabic writing as well. Will this be sufficient?

As HO should have my original marriage on file/system from at least 2 previous application as recent as 2016.