ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence document vs. residence card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dennis06
Newly Registered
Germany

Residence document vs. residence card

Post by Dennis06 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:43 pm

Hi all,

Been reading here for a while and it's been very helpful so far.

I applied for a EEA (PR) online on 1st Ausgust 2018, received the email with my case ID on the 2nd. I used the passport return service on the 10th August and know that the Home Office received my documents on the 13th.

In the meantime I was following Permanent Residence Card - Processing Time 2017/2018 (NEW Thread) and was waiting for my letter to supply biometrics.

Instead, I received yesterday all my documents back from the HO. Attached was a letter telling me that I aquired permanent resicence status on 16th January 2017. A blue card was attached too which says on the front "UK Residence Documentation for a National of an EEA State" with the note to hand it to the immigration officer every time I leave or come back to the UK.

My questions are:

1. Why is everyone getting a card and I got a piece of paper? Any difference?
2. Will it be a problem if I apply for citizenship? The letter says clearly permanent recidency status so my hope is that this will be fine.
3. Have I just been very fortunate that it took literally 2 weeks only?

Thanks for advice and help!

Dennis

secret.simon

Re: Residence document vs. residence card

Post by secret.simon » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:00 pm

Dennis06 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:43 pm
An EEA citizen does not submit biometrics and gets a paper card, either a Residence Certificate or a Document Certifying Permanent Residence. Your biometric data is in your EEA passport.

A non-EEA citizen submits biometrics and gets a plastic card containing his biometric data, either a Residence Card or a Permanent Residence Card.
Dennis06 wrote:
2. Will it be a problem if I apply for citizenship? The letter says clearly permanent recidency status so my hope is that this will be fine.
You will be fine, as long as you have the letter stating that you have acquired PR.
Dennis06 wrote:
Yes.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Re: Residence document vs. residence card

Post by NikiGio » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:11 pm

Dennis06 wrote:
Hi all,

Been reading here for a while and it's been very helpful so far.

I applied for a EEA (PR) online on 1st Ausgust 2018, received the email with my case ID on the 2nd. I used the passport return service on the 10th August and know that the Home Office received my documents on the 13th.

In the meantime I was following Permanent Residence Card - Processing Time 2017/2018 (NEW Thread) and was waiting for my letter to supply biometrics.

Instead, I received yesterday all my documents back from the HO. Attached was a letter telling me that I aquired permanent resicence status on 16th January 2017. A blue card was attached too which says on the front "UK Residence Documentation for a National of an EEA State" with the note to hand it to the immigration officer every time I leave or come back to the UK.

My questions are:

Thanks for advice and help!

Dennis
1. Congrats on receiving your PR - you did get the card. The blue card *is* the card!
2. There is no problem, as per above!
3. Yes - two weeks is very fast. The HO have been progressively getting faster in the last few months, and have covered the backlog of applications by employing new staff. My EEA (PR) application as a worker took three weeks.