ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Currency on bank statement for Tier 4 visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kelvamp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Currency on bank statement for Tier 4 visa

Post by Kelvamp » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:00 pm

My bank statement doesn’t have a currency on it, is this a problem? It has bank’s address but no currency.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Currency on bank statement for Tier 4 visa

Post by sah10406 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:13 pm

Duplicate topic:
uk-tier-4-student-visas/bank-statement- ... l#p1674251

Someone, perhaps you OP, asked the same question on Quora recently, and people have responded. See https://www.quora.com/My-bank-statement ... -affect-me
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Kelvamp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Kelvamp » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:37 pm

There may be someone here who has faced similar problem or know someone who went through it before or? I am not convinced with the answers on quora.

Thank you

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:09 pm

Kelvamp wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:37 pm
There may be someone here who has faced similar problem or know someone who went through it before or?
Why do you think it is a problem though? As one of the answers on Quora says, the Tier 4 policy guidance lists the requirements of a bank statement, and it does not include currency.

The only time it would be relevant or useful to specifically identify the currency would be if the account was in a currency other than the national currency. In that case it would be good to highlight it on the statement, so it is very clear to the ECO. Otherwise, an ECO will logically and surely correctly assume the account his held in the currency of the country where it is situated.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:46 am

The matter is also covered in UKCISA's recent blog series about myths, misunderstanding and "secret rules" for Tier 4 maintenance:

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/blog/6278/Are ... bout-money

See "Statements from foreign banks must show what currency the money is held in, or must be accompanied by a letter from the bank confirming the currency: False!"