ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right to work during EEA(PR) application for Non-EEA family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

orangecat
Newly Registered
United States of America

Right to work during EEA(PR) application for Non-EEA family member

Post by orangecat » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:21 pm

The situation:
My spouse is an EU citizen and has now worked consecutively for 5 years in UK.

ME: I am an American citizen and thus a non-EEA citizen. I moved here with my spouse 5 years ago on an EEA family visa. I applied for my EEA2 in September 2013 and received the EEA2 residence certificate (which provides my right for employment) in November 2013 (the EEA2 expires in November).

WE: are submitting everything for EEA(PR) this upcoming week. We are aware the process can take sometime.

My question is this:
If the Home office has not granted us permanent residency by the expiry of my EEA2 in November, do I still have the right to work?

secret.simon

Re: Right to work during EEA(PR) application for Non-EEA family member

Post by secret.simon » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:43 pm

orangecat wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:21 pm
If the Home office has not granted us permanent residency by the expiry of my EEA2 in November, do I still have the right to work?
Yes.

The Home Office does not grant PR. EU law does. The Home Office merely certifies that acquisition of PR under EU law.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

orangecat
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by orangecat » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:06 pm

Thanks for the speedy answer and the clarification on the process

Punguru82
United Kingdom

Post by Punguru82 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:20 am

I presume will be awarded COA like others that grants you permission to work, always valid up to 6 months soon after you have sent your PR application.