ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Traffic Offence in another EU country

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Naturalisation - Traffic Offence in another EU country

Post by littlerr » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:12 pm

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone put a very minor traffic offence down in their application.

There's a bit of complication in my case. Back in March this year, I rented a car in a different EU country and was caught by speed camera that I was driving 107km/h in a 100km/h zone. To be fair, I just drove past the border from another country which has the speed limit of 130km/h, and I did slow my speed down when I saw the sign, but well here I am.

The complication here is, the traffic fine notice was sent to my car rental company. Apparently they are not going to pay for it. They just forwarded my driver number and address to the fine collection agency in that country.

I found out this fine when I saw that there is an admin charge on my bank statement from the car rental company a few months later. I called them what the charge was for, and they told me that it is to cover the time they spent in finding out my details and sending my details to the fine collection agency. They also told me that I will receive a fine notice if the agency decides to collect the money from me. This could happen as late as 12 months later.

Now, I have not received a traffic fine notice from that fine collection agency yet, so I can't pay my fine even if I want to. Maybe they haven't issued me the notice, maybe they just don't bother collecting such a small amount of money. I contacted the agency a few times but never got any confirmation back.

I just don't know if I should enclose this information in my application. If I do enclose the traffic offence, INIS might ask to see the fine notice itself and proof of payment, neither of which I have. Does anyone have a similar experience?

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Naturalisation - Traffic Offence in another EU country

Post by Mal111 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:06 am

call that country fine collector and pay over the phone or by bank transfer and put that in your application

also note the car rental company might have gave wrong details in error you should have sort this out as soon as you became aware of that.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:40 pm

Mal111 wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:06 am
call that country fine collector and pay over the phone or by bank transfer and put that in your application

also note the car rental company might have gave wrong details in error you should have sort this out as soon as you became aware of that.
Thank you Mal111. You can't have been more helpful with different questions on this forum.

I wish it is this easy to just call the fine collector and pay. I've called them, emailed them and written to them numerous times. All they can say is that the original fine notice, which was sent to the car rental company, has already been closed (because the fault is not with the car rental company). There is no link between this fine notice and the new notice that was sent to me (if there is one), so they can't check this up.

Also my application form has been submitted in July already. Just don't know if it's worth the effort to explain all these stuff to them at this stage when I haven't received any notice.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:52 pm

Finally got through some senior member today. They told me that there is a file created for my driver number (which means there is an traffic offence registered) but there is no balance owed. Therefore they will not issue me any traffic fine letter.

I guess I just have to explain this to INIS...

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:01 pm

littlerr wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:52 pm
Finally got through some senior member today. They told me that there is a file created for my driver number (which means there is an traffic offence registered) but there is no balance owed. Therefore they will not issue me any traffic fine letter.

Better safe than sorry, disclose it and explain the issue to the Citizenship Division.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:21 pm

max307 wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:01 pm
littlerr wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:52 pm

Better safe than sorry, disclose it and explain the issue to the Citizenship Division.
Yes gotta do that. Hopefully that doesn't complicate things even further..