ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Priority or Super priority ?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

urbandude
India

Priority or Super priority ?

Post by urbandude » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:39 am

Hi,

Currently I am in UK on dependent visa and applying for General visa next month. As I have already booked my travel tickets and my return date is just after 15 days after reaching India.

My understanding was that on priority you can expect your decision and passport in 5 days but after looking at current timelines for priority, it seems like there is quite delay and priority is no more like priority.

So is this delay because of peak time (considering tourist) and will be OK from next month or will it remain like this next month as well.

If its for sure that I wont get my passport within 14 days (10 working days) then I would like to go for Super priority as I dont want to modify travel tickets and remain uncertain about travelling. But obviously, there is is huge cost for Super priority.

So what would you suggest guys.

urbandude
India

Re: Priority or Super priority ?

Post by urbandude » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:05 pm

Any suggestion please?

apazhe
China

Re: Priority or Super priority ?

Post by apazhe » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:09 pm

well, in any ukvi emails they have the following part "We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents."

You really can't predict how much time it will take.