ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Entry Clearance Employer Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

haidhu80
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Spouse Entry Clearance Employer Questions

Post by haidhu80 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:22 pm

Dear All,
This is my first time to post a topic and I am sure I will make many mistakes to I apologise in advance.
Last October I applied for my wife from Pakistan. The case worker called my employer and then called me. My employer is an immigrant like me and when he received call from the Home Office, he was very terrified. When they asked if I get paid weekly or monthly, my employer said weekly, whereas my payslips changed to monthly in April 2017. When they asked me I told them I get paid monthly as I received my payslips monthly. For this discrepancy, they refused my application. Another problem was that I used to get paid in Cash and I did not put that money in account.

I talked with my solicitor and he advised me to change my monthly salary going to my account. I did that and for last 6 months, I get paid directly into my account and on monthly basis. I reapplied on 8th August 2018.

Now my questions are, will the Home Office call my employer again? My employer explained in employment letter that I got confused when I received call from the Home Office and I said weekly because I thought the question is about the time when I started working. At that time I used to get paid weekly when I started working in 2016.

Also, what questions normally will the Home Office ask when they call? I really don't want my employer to make a mistake this time as it is not cheaper to reapply.

Also, I have changed my job after I applied for my wife as I got better job, will that effect my application.

I will really appreciate your help and thank you in advance.

Haider

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Entry Clearance Employer Questions

Post by seagul » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:50 pm

haidhu80 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:22 pm
My employer explained in employment letter that I got confused when I received call from the Home Office and I said weekly because I thought the question is about the time when I started working. At that time I used to get paid weekly when I started working in 2016.
I think it must not be written in employer letter but can be written in covering letter or section 5 of form.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

haidhu80
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by haidhu80 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:39 am

Thank you for replying. I wrote it in covering letter and also in employer letter. I m not sure what auestions will they ask now if they call my employer??

haidhu80
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by haidhu80 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:41 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:50 pm
haidhu80 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:22 pm
My employer explained in employment letter that I got confused when I received call from the Home Office and I said weekly because I thought the question is about the time when I started working. At that time I used to get paid weekly when I started working in 2016.
I think it must not be written in employer letter but can be written in covering letter or section 5 of form.
Could you please help me what questions the case worker will ask when he or she calls my employer? This is genuine employment but I don't know why my employer can behave like very stupid, and his stupidity will cost me money.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:55 pm

If UKVI feel they need to call your employer to get further confirmation if at all, they will ask questions regarding your employment - they will be looking to see what you wrote on your application regarding employment matches. So it could be anything from address of workplace, salary, working hours, roles and duties etc.

Just make sure your emoloyer is aware of this information, which they should already!

We are all immigrants one way or another, that doesn't excuse him to not know about your employment details, especially if they are your employer!

InshaAllah goes well for you - make sure they are clear with facts that match what you wrote on application thats the biggest hint I can give in an open forum.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

haidhu80
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by haidhu80 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:12 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:55 pm
If UKVI feel they need to call your employer to get further confirmation if at all, they will ask questions regarding your employment - they will be looking to see what you wrote on your application regarding employment matches. So it could be anything from address of workplace, salary, working hours, roles and duties etc.

Just make sure your emoloyer is aware of this information, which they should already!

We are all immigrants one way or another, that doesn't excuse him to not know about your employment details, especially if they are your employer!

InshaAllah goes well for you - make sure they are clear with facts that match what you wrote on application thats the biggest hint I can give in an open forum.
Thank you very much and I appreciate you took out the time to reply me.