ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit 1st Refusal.. Please Helpppp

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Race12
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Online application form EEA family permit

Post by Race12 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:33 pm

Hi all and CR001 :)

I wonder if I can get some advice with the following.

I am exactly in a similar scenario to Somba - I am EU citizen (never lived in the UK), married to my non-EU spouse a year ago and now we live in the UAE together.

A question in the application is "Are you being sponsored by a person(s)" - Is this myself, his EU spouse?

It would be great if people who posted on here previously share their outcome.

Thanks

kamoe
European Union

Re: Online application form EEA family permit

Post by kamoe » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:45 am

Race12 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:33 pm
A question in the application is "Are you being sponsored by a person(s)" - Is this myself, his EU spouse?
Yes. The applicant is your spouse, you are their sponsor.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Race12
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Race12 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:29 am

Thanks Kamoe. You're a legend. Have you done something similar?

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:49 am

Race12 wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:29 am
Thanks Kamoe. You're a legend. Have you done something similar?
Not a problem. Yup, whole story in this old post.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Race12
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Race12 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:39 pm

Thanks Kamoe. I am glad it all worked out well for you.

I have another query that if anyone have an insight on would be great. We are expecting our first child in a few weeks, the child will be issued with an EU passport and should have no issue coming with us in a few months to the UK. My question is, would it be better to submit the FP application now (it states no dependent) or wait until we have our child and add them to the application? If we submit now, will they say at the date of travel that the child is not declared in the application?

Thanks

abraCadabra

Post by abraCadabra » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:40 pm

Race12 wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:39 pm

I have another query that if anyone have an insight on would be great. We are expecting our first child in a few weeks, the child will be issued with an EU passport and should have no issue coming with us in a few months to the UK. My question is, would it be better to submit the FP application now (it states no dependent) or wait until we have our child and add them to the application? If we submit now, will they say at the date of travel that the child is not declared in the application?

Thanks
The form is not only asking about dependants, it is also asking if you have any children together (section EEA national) and asking who the applicant will be travelling with

Race12
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Race12 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:27 pm

That's the thing.. If we submit the application now, We still do NOT have children and we cannot add our child to the application as they are not born yet..

Race12
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Race12 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:35 pm

Race12 wrote:

Thanks
Any advice anyone??

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:37 pm

Race12 wrote:

I have another query that if anyone have an insight on would be great. We are expecting our first child in a few weeks, the child will be issued with an EU passport and should have no issue coming with us in a few months to the UK.
Is there any part of the form that allows you to add general information? If so, mention the unborn child there.

Race12
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Race12 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:17 pm

Hi Richard W,

Thanks. I was thinking the same but thought it’s a good idea to hear from others.
Thanks

Race12
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Race12 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:43 pm

Hi all,

I wonder if someone can help please.

I submitted my EEA FP application 2 weeks ago (after our child birth) and stated in the additional information section that we are awaiting our newly born son’s passport which should be issued in a month.

I received a refusal letter today and it says “you state you’re awaiting your son’s passport, the documents provided don’t demonstrate you’re travelling together. I am therefore not satisfied you will be travelling with your son and wife as stated”

I have 28 days to appeal, I also checked and was told my son should have his Swedish passport in 2 weeks.
Should I appeal or should I submit a fresh application when my son receives his passport? Has anyone come across this and any idea how long an appeal takes?
I would appreciate your help.
Thanks

Race12
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

EEA Family Permit 1st Refusal.. Please Helpppp

Post by Race12 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:10 pm

Hi all,

I wonder if someone can help please.

My Wife is Swedish and we live in UAE, I submitted my EEA FP application 2 weeks ago (after our child's birth) and stated in the additional information section that we are awaiting our newly born son’s passport which should be issued in a month.

I received a refusal letter today and it says “you state you’re awaiting your son’s passport, the documents provided don’t demonstrate you’re travelling together. I am therefore not satisfied you will be travelling with your son and wife as stated”

I have 28 days to appeal, I also checked and was told my son should have his Swedish passport within a week.
We are told to reapply (fresh application) when my son receives his passport and not to appeal as this can take long time. In the new application we will include my son's passport and booked tickets for all of us (a proof that we are travelling together). Would this be sufficient enough? I would appreciate some wise advice.

Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: EEA Family Permit 1st Refusal.. Please Helpppp

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:32 pm

You do not need your son's passport to apply. The refusal was simply baseless as you are relying on your wife as opposed to your son. You may well decide to go at a later date when he has his passport, or you could decide to live him under the care of someone, whiles you travel. The decision just wrong.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors