ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration for naturalized Citizens

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration for naturalized Citizens

Post by euspouse07 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:47 pm

Dear Friend
I m not surprised but as I said that we should look for a solution rather than discussing the problem.I know few people who gone through the same process and got FBR not necessarily within 6 months but slightly longer.
I would also advise you to write a strongly worded letter (no phone calls) asking the reasons behind this unacceptable delay. Civil servants are obliged to answer your queries.
I hope that will help

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Post by euspouse07 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:19 pm

Dear friend

Did you get copy of your child's record from FOI section.Any progress in your child's FBR application.
thanks

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:44 pm

No , I did not get copy of FBR file from FOI section yet , they acknowledged my request ubder FOI and said they reply in 4 weeks and my deadline is 30th August they said , lets see if they give me file or not by 30th August as I am not sure if we can get it under FOI OR not .

As far as FBR application is concerned , still no decision as they said still processing , they clearly said if application for FBR is relating to a non white Irish citizen then it has no time frame for decisions , may be 2 years or even more as they applied new strategy since last year , but after waiting 19 months I do not expect anything from now and I am not only one . I know 5/6 persons waiting for long time and only one thing common in them is non white Irish citizens ( Third class citizens )

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Post by euspouse07 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:26 am

Thanks for reply

"They clearly said that there is no time frame for non-white Irish citizens"
Who SAID??
could you please elaborate?
It may sound bad but I doubt if you hear anything from FOI.
Please keep us updated

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:21 am

Someone said from DFA few weeks ago over the phone " there is no time frame for non-white Irish citizens " , and me and other few non white Irish people waiting for more than 18 months are clear proof of what I was told over the phone.

Lets see if I get file under FOI by end of this week as 31st August is deadline to get the file.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:39 am

bluemoon2 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:21 am
Someone said from DFA few weeks ago over the phone" there is no time frame for non-white Irish citizens"
If these are their exact words, it would constitute r.acial discrimination, be it the discrimination from this staff or DFA. The Equal Status Acts clearly states that providing a less favourable service based on skin colour is r.acial discrimination. Note that there are exemptions in relation to public services providing different services due to nationalities (e.g. it takes more time to process visas for people from certain nationalities, rejects social welfare because a person is a non-EU citizen etc), but not based on skin colours.

All of these phone calls are recorded, and according to GDPR, phone call recordings are personal data, and you have a right to access your personal data. You can either request for this information to be made available to you and directly bring a r.acial discrimination case against DFA, or write a formal complaint letter detailing when the phone call happened and urge them to investigate this. The complaint needs to be brought to their attention within 3 (or 6?) months of this phone call, and once you complained to them, they have an obligation to respond to you within 28 days.

[p.s. for some reason the forum doesn't allow people to type the word r.a.c.i.a.l]

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:42 am

I agree that the words quoted above can't be the exact match of the words said by someone responding to an official phone line otherwise it is a big discrimination and r.acial profiling.

However, I do agree that a few departments in Ireland are happy to say whatever on phone as they know that whatever they are saying is not in writing and can't be produced as a proof later on.
A quick google search shows up this article (http://www.thejournal.ie/government-dep ... 8-May2014/) from 2014, which says that Irish department don't record phone calls. Not sure if Irish state departments position is changed in last few years, which means the caller don't have any way to proving what s/he was told.

Miminimi
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Miminimi » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:17 am

Hi there,

Both my partner and my child (age 3) are British Born and both has their British passport.

My question is please would we need to get FBR for both of them before applying for an Irish Passport?