ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET DV ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shamb86
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Help please

Post by Shamb86 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:54 pm

I came uk in 2014 august on spouse visa , after coming i faced domestic violence by mother in law and wife. Just before my leave expire i applied on last april 2017 set dv with police log , sms screen shot and audio records and one precribsion stated that i was in mentally down .
Then home office refuse me on grounds that evidence not sufficient and that only establish my claim also case worker said he is unware about
Prescribsion . They gave me admin review chance . On 3 sep I did AR with stated about case worker leaking of investigation over my health issue those period .
On 12 october they wrote me that my AR succeded withdrawn decision and found error of orginal case worker while considering my application .
And they sending back my case to orginal decision making team to make new decision .
If i got refusal i will entitle to fresh AR

My Question is what can aspect now?
How long it can take to make decision ?
If i get refusal what should i do?

I have no solicitor i did this everything from my own. Please reply and help me .

Shamb86
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: Help please

Post by Shamb86 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:53 am

Please reply some one

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:49 am

Shamb86 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:54 pm
I came uk in 2014 august on spouse visa , after coming i faced domestic violence by mother in law and wife. Just before my leave expire i applied on last april 2017 set dv with police log , sms screen shot and audio records and one precribsion stated that i was in mentally down .
Then home office refuse me on grounds that evidence not sufficient and that only establish my claim also case worker said he is unware about
Prescribsion . They gave me admin review chance . On 3 sep I did AR with stated about case worker leaking of investigation over my health issue those period .
On 12 october they wrote me that my AR succeded withdrawn decision and found error of orginal case worker while considering my application .
And they sending back my case to orginal decision making team to make new decision .

I have no solicitor i did this everything from my own. Please reply and help me .
My advice to you is consult a solicitor as DV route to settlement is complex in its nature and as the police are involved its very important that you have good representation in these regards.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

Shamb86
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

SET DV ILR

Post by Shamb86 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:12 am

My Question is what can be outcome?

Its been 7 month now they sent AR decision.

Confused_001
Newly Registered
France

Re: SET DV ILR

Post by Confused_001 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:07 pm

Hi Shamb,

Sorry to be Pain, I am also in a similar situation, however, what i need to know is , Is Police Complaint sufficient? i had to withdraw the Police compliant before the conclusion , Can i still apply for SET(DV) with just Police complaint letter and i also have social Care Observation (because my child is also involved ).Please respond

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:16 pm

Confused_001 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:07 pm
Hi Shamb,

Sorry to be Pain, I am also in a similar situation, however, what i need to know is , Is Police Complaint sufficient? i had to withdraw the Police compliant before the conclusion , Can i still apply for SET(DV) with just Police complaint letter and i also have social Care Observation (because my child is also involved ).Please respond

Thanks
Why did you not state this important detail in your own post???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dvr
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by dvr » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Hi Shamb86 and Confused_001

I'm a journalist at a national newspaper in the UK looking into the Home Office's application of the Domestic Violence Rule. We’re hoping to run a story in the next couple of weeks and I’m looking speak to some people affected by refusals/rejections, in order to point up the flaws with the DVR process and the negative impact it can have on people’s lives. If you’d be up for speaking to me as part of the piece, reply here and I can give you some contact details - I should also say any testimony could be completely anonymous.

All best,

Shamb86
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Shamb86 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:48 am

Can you cantact me as soon as possible

HasA62

Post by HasA62 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:13 pm

dvr wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:44 pm
Hi Shamb86 and Confused_001

I'm a journalist at a national newspaper in the UK looking into the Home Office's application of the Domestic Violence Rule. We’re hoping to run a story in the next couple of weeks and I’m looking speak to some people affected by refusals/rejections, in order to point up the flaws with the DVR process and the negative impact it can have on people’s lives. If you’d be up for speaking to me as part of the piece, reply here and I can give you some contact details - I should also say any testimony could be completely anonymous.

All best,
Hi

I would like to contact you . Send your mail or contact here to PM me..

dvr
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by dvr » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:49 pm

Hi HasA62 and Shamb86,

thanks for getting back. If you drop me a line on email address removed by moderator I can give you more details about myself and the piece and we can talk further. All best,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:00 pm

dvr wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:49 pm
Hi HasA62 and Shamb86,

thanks for getting back. If you drop me a line on email address removed by moderator I can give you more details about myself and the piece and we can talk further. All best,
Obie wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:34 pm
As much as i appreciate your work and best intentions, this forum will not be used as a platform for you to obtain the information you are seeking.

We will not allow personal information to be shared on open forum.

This will not be tolerated under any circumstance.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

allu
inactive
India

Post by allu » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:27 pm

Hi,

What happened to your case, did you get the ILR? I have a 498a and DV case filed by inlaws and nearing my ILR. I am worried a bit my ILR might get rejected if home office do a check in India. Can you reply me what happened to your case?

Thanks.
Shamb86 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:54 pm