ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (10 years)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sade
Newly Registered

ILR (10 years)

Post by sade » Wed May 14, 2008 11:26 am

On 2. 08. it will be 10 years that I am in the UK. Do I have to apply 4 weeks before that date? Is it possible for me to go home for a few weeks and than apply after i get back?
For the first two years I was an Au Pair and except visa in my old passport and bank statements and an english school id card - but course wasn't 2 years long... i don't have other proof. Problem is that I didn't get on well with my host family so nothing form them I got except agency letters... With other families i lost touch and don't know where they are any more. Do you have any ideas, please? I have some postcards that I received here during that time - is that good enough? Also I found old airline tickets from that time when i went on holiday.
After these two years I was a student. I finished succesfully all my courses - different IT courses and now degree course in IT - ongoing one. Can my attendance at the college be proof for beeing here?
Also are airline tickets useful? I have kept quite a few of them.
What do they expect as a proof of being here?
Thank you.
Kind regards

sade
Newly Registered

Post by sade » Wed May 14, 2008 11:56 am

Also, I forgot to say that i have all letters from HO regarding visa applications and extensions.

heretic

Post by heretic » Wed May 14, 2008 12:08 pm

As far as I am aware all the HO form 'Set O' asks for from applicants applying under Long Residency (10 yr) rules is - all passports and periods out of UK (In and Out dates)............

Why are you wanting to submit your college details?

I am about to apply soon as well.................please let me know if there is some specific reason to submit attendance records etc.....Although I would supply details of finance as requested in section 5 of the form.

Don't forget life in the UK test.......

sade
Newly Registered

Post by sade » Wed May 14, 2008 3:16 pm

Because someone who already has gine through that told me that HO needs more examples not just bank statements but diffenrent things to show you were here.
My main question is
-- do i have to apply 4 weeks in advance or it doesn't matter if i apply any time later?

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Wed May 14, 2008 4:06 pm

I don't understand the point why you need to produce other proofs. For 10yrs long stay your passport stamps should be sufficient unless they have got any confusion. Sorry I am not clear what you are taking about.

From this forum as I understand from other people who has received ILR on the basis of longs stay- HO only sees the passport and if they think there is any gap then the candidate has to prove otherwise.

sade
Newly Registered

Post by sade » Thu May 15, 2008 2:24 pm

I am just trying to prepare myself better now than regret later.... Those are the stories from the people i talked to and they got ilr but it is true that they got it because of the marriage or WP so i assumed it was the same for everyone.
Can someone please clarify if i can apply any time after fulfilling 10 years here or it HAS to be 4 weeks before fulfiling that period of time?

Any way i had been away on holidays throughout that time but do they have records of me entering the country and leaving? For example i went to Dublin and when i got back all passengers just went straight to the lugage... no passport control, no stamp.
Also i haven't got a stamp when i was leaving the country only when i was back... Do they have a records of these dates?

heretic

Post by heretic » Thu May 15, 2008 5:02 pm

The earliest you can apply is 28 days before your 10 arrival anniversary..........

You can choose to apply any time after that........the later you apply the more appreciated by HO :wink:

If you aren't bordering on the max days allowed in a period rule I would enter all visits as required..........If you are bordering then its your call.....

Don't see how they can track a journey if there was no passport control...........I'd think there would be some sort of passport control in Dublin!

sade
Newly Registered

Post by sade » Thu May 15, 2008 6:47 pm

Well, i still have an airline ticket for that jurney. there was no passport control on the way back in dublin, only check in at the airport. i don't have problem with absences.Probably it is going to be approximately 10 weeks maximum some years less than that.
What is you source of information when you say that i can apply any time after 10 year "anniversary"?
Another problem are my finances - I am ok with them but i still study (my degree course will end in 1.5 years) so i am not allowed to work here full time because as student visa doesn't allow me that.. how bad is that if i don't have a job.... have income from sponsor, only.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Thu May 15, 2008 7:13 pm

sade, download the form and guidance notes for set(o) and read them carefully. For 10 years long-residence, you don't need bank statements (no self-maintenance requirements), nor any other proof of being in the country except your passports. They usually scrutinise the entry and exit stamps. For the dublin visit, show your ticket as there is no passport control back into the UK because of the CTA.

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Fri May 16, 2008 10:57 am

paulp wrote:. They usually scrutinise the entry and exit stamps..
I was wondering how they can find out about the exit stamps? There is no passport control whilst leaving UK.

heretic

Post by heretic » Fri May 16, 2008 1:27 pm

Unless you travel to a country where there is no visa restriction - that country will stamp a date of arrival and departure stamp........in case of India they will do it regardless you are an Indian national or no........

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Fri May 16, 2008 1:58 pm

ci07jjs wrote:
paulp wrote:. They usually scrutinise the entry and exit stamps..
I was wondering how they can find out about the exit stamps? There is no passport control whilst leaving UK.
I was referring to the other countries that do.