ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Granted in country appeal, can I apply for a different visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PaulFreathy
Newly Registered

Granted in country appeal, can I apply for a different visa

Post by PaulFreathy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:35 am

I have been granted, after a lot of pressure on the Home Office, an in country appeal, on my Human Rights Application for a visa. While waiting I have now got to the stage where I qualify for a Spousal visa for my wife.

Am I allowed to cancel the appeal and make a new application for the Spousal visa? I have another month to go before the court date, and fear I might not be granted the visa by them.

Does anyone know? Thanks in advance!

Tamandua

Re: Granted in country appeal, can I apply for a different v

Post by Tamandua » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:08 pm

I don't think she can apply for FLR(M) because she doesn't have a valid leave anymore. I'm in the same boat and I'm afraid I'll fall for refusal if I submit the FLR(M) form now.

I don't know. Is she on a temporary admission, meaning, does she have to sign on at a reporting centre?

PaulFreathy
Newly Registered

Re: Granted in country appeal, can I apply for a different v

Post by PaulFreathy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:17 pm

No, she doesn't have to report or anything. They refused her Human RIghts visa, We asked to be allowed to appeal and were granted an in country appeal which we lodged, but now we qualify for a spousal visa I am dying to swap over.

I hear that if we withdraw the appeal we have 28 days before she has to leave OR apply for another visa, but Im not sure thats true ....

PaulFreathy
Newly Registered

Re: Granted in country appeal, can I apply for a different visa

Post by PaulFreathy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:39 pm

We won our Human Right appeal! We are so thrilled, we just got notice a minute ago, we are so delighted! We have NO idea what it means though. Do we now qualify for the visa we had applied for? Will the Home office get hold of us and tell us what is the next step? Do we have to apply for a new visa? Will my wife get her passport back? Its all SO exciting!

phalanichi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Granted in country appeal, can I apply for a different visa

Post by phalanichi » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:28 pm

hi paulfreathy what sort of visa did u get. we are in similar situation