ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa - Cash Savings via investment route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goth chicken
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

UK Spouse Visa - Cash Savings via investment route

Post by goth chicken » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:50 am

Hello!

I'm all set and ready to submit my application via the captioned route.

My husband got exactly £62,500 cash liquidated from his investment portfolio into his saving account. So basically the "cash savings" we have is just meeting the requirement. I'm gonna put in the valuations of his investment portfolio for the past 6 months as support to show the money is under his ownership in a long period of time.

Problem is, my husband is actually blessed with the family and has another trust fund with quite a good sum of money, he didn't liquidate money from that trust fund but the other investment portfolio with less money. Should I still send the valuations of the trust fund to proof we have no problem with maintenance? However, the originals of valuations of trust fund just covered 5 months instead of 6 (I have soft copy tho)... am I making it complicated? Should I just leave the trust fund and just send in the the original investment portfolio with less money?

Please let me know your opinion :idea: , thank you so much guys! xx

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spouse Visa - Cash Savings via investment route

Post by equitydealer » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:03 pm

Don’t need to submit details of the trust fund. The £62.5k covers the cash requirement.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

Edwardo
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Edwardo » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:13 pm

We toiled with this kind of issue and noted the form re savings cryptically says you must send all savings details, not making it clear if it meant those related only to the £62.500. So sent the additional papers too. The above is correct in that if your papers clearly cover the requirement then all is well.

It should not harm either way as all they want is clear evidence you have the money, it is available now and held for 6 months. Seeing as your 2nd batch do not meet this, I would not worry about sending in.

goth chicken
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by goth chicken » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:43 am

Thanks so much for your opinions both of you! I decided not sending the trust fund as it seems too complicated ! Im all set to apply on Friday so finger crossed xx