ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visitor Visa from India

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Master81
Newly Registered

UK Visitor Visa from India

Post by Master81 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:37 pm

Hi

I am applying for UK Standard Visitor visa to invite my mother from India for support and help us as my wife is pregnant. I am going take care of all expenses for her visa, insurance, travel ticket, accommodation and all other day to day expenses.

Now there are few issue i can see and want clarification/suggestion from expert in this forum
    • In my passport my mother's first name has slight spell mistake than compare to her original name (as per her passport) -
      Will this be strictly checked? If this can be managed by providing affidavit then who should be providing it - should i provide affidavit as sponsor from UK or affidavit need to be done from India?
    • My Mother is housewife and never worked or has any bank account or any property on her name. My father is gov pensioner, has bank account and has farm land on his name. My father and mother both are living with my Brother who is also government officer -
      What documents my mother can provide to show financial ties back to India ? Will my father bank statements + Farm land document (English conversation) are enough ? Can i also include my brother bank statements and other documents as well?

Below is list of documents i am thinking to provide for application. Any other documents i need to include in application?

Sponsor Documents:
    1. Sponsor/Invitation Letter
    2. My Passport & BRP Card
    3. Wife - Passport & BRP Card
    4. Bank Statement - 6 months
    5. Salary Slips - 6 months
    6. Employment Letter with Salary
    7. Letter from Midwife stating Due date
    8. Home Loan/Deed docs
    9. Council Tax
    10. P45/P60 - last 3 years
    11. Utility/Elecrtricity Bill - 3 months

Applicant's Documents:
    1. Detailed Cover Letter (with all details of transactions and documents)
    2. Appointment Confirmation letter copy
    3. Online Application Form Copy
    4. Passport Original + Copy
    5. 2 Passport size Photo (2 as per UK guideline)
    6. Aadhaar Card

7. Father - Bank statements - 6 months
    8. Father - Fixed deposit certificate
    9. Farm Land Doc - 7 & 12, 8A (Original and notarized true copy with English version)
    10. Father - Aadhaar Card (Father doesn't have passport)

11. Brother - Bank Statements - 6 months
    12. Brother - Passport
    13. Brother - ITR - 3 years (Tax return)
    14. Brother - Pay slips - 6 months
    15. Brother - Aadhaar Card/Election Card

Any response/thought will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for your time and supports.

Master81
    Newly Registered

Re: UK Visitor Visa from India

Post by Master81 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:33 pm

Now there are few issue i can see and want clarification/suggestion from expert in this forum

In my passport my mother's first name has slight spell mistake than compare to her original name (as per her passport) -
    Will this be strictly checked? If this can be managed by providing affidavit then who should be providing it - should i provide affidavit as sponsor from UK or affidavit need to be done from India?

My Mother is housewife and never worked or has any bank account or any property on her name. My father is gov pensioner, has bank account and has farm land on his name. My father and mother both are living with my Brother who is also government officer -
    What documents my mother can provide to show financial ties back to India ? Will my father bank statements + Farm land document (English conversation) are enough ? Can i also include my brother bank statements and other documents as well?
    Hello guys, any help or suggestions on these questions will be greatly appreciated

kmaxie18
    Newly Registered
    India

Post by kmaxie18 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:09 pm

I would recommend going by all references to your mothers spelling as per what is in HER passport (not yours, with the incorrect spelling).

In your cover letter you can acknowledge the fact up front that there is a spelling mistake in your passport about her name.
    If you have YOUR birth certificate (assuming the spellings are all correct) that may help additionally.

Documents listed from your end look to be fine.

Since your father is not travelling make sure that any evidence of documents/assets (land, accounts etc) contain your mothers name as well... or if NOT, there is a Marriage certificate or anything else that links them... as they will want to see evidence of assets in her name (or via marriage) that she has something in India to return back to.

Adding your siblings information is probably less relevant, unless you again show proof of relationship (via their birth certificate), or if he is supporting your parents financially... i.e any deposits made into your parents account from him.

Make sure there are no "unexplained" financial deposits in the India bank statements -- have seen a case of rejection due to this.

If you are sponsoring her trip entirely.. i.e flights etc..and are mentioning this in the visa application form, then make sure you show adequate evidence of finances at your end to cover this.

Master81
    Newly Registered

Post by Master81 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:32 pm

kmaxie18 wrote:
    Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:09 pm
    I would recommend going by all references to your mothers spelling as per what is in HER passport (not yours, with the incorrect spelling).

In your cover letter you can acknowledge the fact up front that there is a spelling mistake in your passport about her name.
    If you have YOUR birth certificate (assuming the spellings are all correct) that may help additionally.

Documents listed from your end look to be fine.

Since your father is not travelling make sure that any evidence of documents/assets (land, accounts etc) contain your mothers name as well... or if NOT, there is a Marriage certificate or anything else that links them... as they will want to see evidence of assets in her name (or via marriage) that she has something in India to return back to.

Adding your siblings information is probably less relevant, unless you again show proof of relationship (via their birth certificate), or if he is supporting your parents financially... i.e any deposits made into your parents account from him.

Make sure there are no "unexplained" financial deposits in the India bank statements -- have seen a case of rejection due to this.

If you are sponsoring her trip entirely.. i.e flights etc..and are mentioning this in the visa application form, then make sure you show adequate evidence of finances at your end to cover this.
    Thanks Kmaxie18 for your reply.
    I will mention in cover letter about mother's name mistake.

Regarding Father's document - there is no mention about my mother name but my mother passport has my father name - will that work as evidence ?

I initially thought to add my brother's document in case if my father's bank balance is not enough to present applicant's strong ties back to India and my parent are already staying with my brother. but now i will not include my brother's document if it going to create any complexity. My father's bank statements and farm land document will be enough for now.

Many thanks

kmaxie18
    Newly Registered
    India

Post by kmaxie18 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:27 am

So I take it your parents marriage certificate is not available to add to the application?

If your mothers passport contains your fathers name, then that should be adequate enough to make the link.
    Ideally, the clear-cut way is to see the Applicant's name directly mentioned to assets evidenced-- joint bank accounts, property papers etc....
    ... but if this is not the case, then you unfortunately have to do the next-best approach.... that is to show this via association by marriage & any additional documents that list both their names would strengthen the application..

In your cover letter you can address this fact -- that the assets in India are only in your fathers name (which is often the common practice in India)..

Master81
    Newly Registered

Post by Master81 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:02 am

thanks again for providing best suggestions. I will mention this details as well in cover letter.
    Regarding mother name mistake in my passport anyhow i am going to mention that in my cover letter, but do you think any affidavit about wrong and correct name will help here ?

ahmad101112
    Newly Registered
    India

Post by ahmad101112 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:53 pm

I have a similar query .. I am applying for my mothers visa and I wanted to know if she has to go with all the documents to vfs in India or should I as a sponsor send it to settlement office in Sheffield .
    Thanks