ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Laminated document

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Me_sid
India

Laminated degree certificate

Post by Me_sid » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:47 pm

Hello @Cr001
Sorry for creating this topic.
I am going to apply for tier 2 visa, and I came to know that orignal laminated documents are not allowed. It's my orginal UK University degree certificate. Will this be okay?

kmaxie18
Newly Registered
India

Re: Laminated degree certificate

Post by kmaxie18 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:59 pm

Well, you are a bit stuffed now mate, init! ... Its something you need to send, butnot something you can undo (the lamination)...

Considering it is a UK-university issued document, they should be able to verify it further directly with the Uni if they wish, to ensure legitimacy.
If you have your Final Transcripts showing scores, you might want to include that as well.

Me_sid
India

Laminated document

Post by Me_sid » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:09 pm

Hello guys,
I have applied for tier 2 visa. And I just came to know that laminated documents are not allowed. It's my original UK degree certificate that I have to submit for visa. Any suggestions on this?will this create problem?

Me_sid
India

Re: Laminated degree certificate

Post by Me_sid » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:13 pm

Thanks, yes I do have transcript and fortunately I have not laminated them. I will include those with degree certificate.

amit2453
Mood:
India

Re: Laminated document

Post by amit2453 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:08 pm

Not sure even they take original documents except passport. I think they simply scan A4 size documents and verify against originals. So if this is the case then lamination shouldn't be any issue.

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:12 pm

Laminated docs are not a problem . I submitted my laminated degree certificate two years back.

Nowadays at least in India VFS, they don't even take the original docs. they scan all original docs and return you the originals

Me_sid
India

Post by Me_sid » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:30 pm

rubyracer2 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:12 pm
Laminated docs are not a problem . I submitted my laminated degree certificate two years back.

Nowadays at least in India VFS, they don't even take the original docs. they scan all original docs and return you the originals
Thanks alot, I hope everything goes well. They scan orginal and return same day of appointment or they return during passport? To be sure I am also going to attach original transcript of that certificate.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:38 pm

Based on my experience, I submitted the laminated marriage certificate and it was not an issue for my spouse's visa.

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:07 am

Me_sid wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:30 pm
rubyracer2 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:12 pm

Thanks alot, I hope everything goes well. They scan orginal and return same day of appointment or they return during passport? To be sure I am also going to attach original transcript of that certificate.
They return during appointment itself. the only document they take original now is the Passport