ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EEA Permanent Residence Refusal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Do I go for review/ reconsideration of the application?

Do I head to the immigration tribunal again?
40%
Do I re-apply?
27%
How more frustrating could this be?
33%

Total votes: 15

Scrobo23
Newly Registered
Ghana

Re: Non EEA Permanent Residence Refusal

Post by Scrobo23 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:53 pm

Finger cross

Cici85
Newly Registered

Post by Cici85 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:08 pm

Scrobo23 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:53 pm
Finger cross
Sure .

Cici85
Newly Registered

Post by Cici85 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:54 pm

[quote=Scrobo23 post_id=1675409 time=1535565188 user_id=93163]
Finger cross

Hi @Scrobo23,
I got a letter from the court stating my case is adjourned and have asked/given the home office to check for my ex records from HMRC for all d years we were together .

tawf
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by tawf » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:08 pm

Cici85 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:54 pm
Scrobo23 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:53 pm
Finger cross

Hi @Scrobo23,
I got a letter from the court stating my case is adjourned and have asked/given the home office to check for my ex records from HMRC for all d years we were together .
Sorry for my delay in getting back to you. I am not regular on the board as you can see from my respective posts. I think you are on the right track, from the previous consultations I had with my lawyer. The court usually will impress upon the HO and the HMRC for documents establishing treaty in instances when applicants cannot provide any. In my case I provided evidence of my estranged spouse exercising treating and a photo copy of her ID. My lawyer was so certain there was an error of law such that he told me he wouldn't like to boast else he would have put his job on the line, not practicing any more if he did not win the case in court. Miraculously, God intervened and stopped any further stress and costs of going to court and waiting for the court's decision if the case so happened to be heard.
I am happy you trust in God to come forth for you. Keep your faith on, and I believe your miracle is on the way.
Thanks.

tawf
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by tawf » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Ansarw919 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:13 pm
tawf wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:57 am
Good morning to you all.

Update on my case:

I wrote to the HO somewhere immediately I received my refusal letter in November 2017 to reconsider their decision on my application as my estranged spouse wasn’t Italian as they appeared to have suggested. I also pointed out the error of law, citing the Upper Tribunal directives on Barnett et al [Jamaica 2012], Regulations 10 (5); 17 and 18 of the EEA Regulations 2006 among others. They however insisted they took the right decision, hence would not reconsider the decision. I therefore had no other option than to pursue the appeal route. Consequently, filed appeal around December 2017, with potential hearing this week.

I however received a letter barely 10 days to my appeal hearing from the Appeal Review Pilot, citing a recent case of AB (Kyrgyzstan), requesting I submitted evidence to show when I initiated my divorce proceedings and whether I was exercising treaty around that time. I wrote back to them and pointed out that what they requested were submitted with the application they refused. I also pointed out to them that even though what they requested were never part of the grounds for the refusal of my application, I was happy to submit them as requested, and did same.

Just 2 days after writing to them and submitting what they requested, they wrote back to withdraw their decision, and stated they would grant me the appropriate leave, which I believe will be my Permanent Residence. They also stated they had already informed the Tribunal as directed by Rule 17 (1a) and (2) of the Tribunal procedure of the First-tier Tribunal, Immigration and Asylum chamber, Rules 2014.

I am grateful to God for such a U-turn. I also thank you all for your support and well-meaning comments when I joined this forum. Special thanks to the Moderators, especially Obie and the creators of this forum. Thanks also to Wise for his comments on my post, encouragement and advice.

I pray a similar testimony for all those who one way or the other are caught up in the HO web.

God bless you all.
GREAT NEWS CONGRATS
Thanks.

Pillar644
United Kingdom

Post by Pillar644 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:19 am

Cici85 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:40 pm
Hi Cici85
Any information from the court because my case is the same
Hi Scrobo23
Still waiting to hear from the court, my solicitor has not received anything yet. I know the letter am to receive is that the case was adjourned and the judge has given a go ahead to d Home office to check with my ex partners detail with HMRC. I am believing that home office will reply back with my card .
[/quote]

Hi Cici85

Any news from court after your appeal hearing ? Am in the same situation. Have you heard from court ?

Cici85
Newly Registered

Post by Cici85 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:50 am

Hi everyone, compliments of the season. For those of us waiting for a response from the court any news? I am waiting for my decision after my adjourned case took place . I can’t wait for d news, as I believe it’s my Christmas gift from God.

Cici85
Newly Registered

Post by Cici85 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:36 am

Hi all, I had to come back and post .So I had my hearing 2nd week of November and I got d news in December my appeal was allowed. Few days ago I was asked to go for re enrolment of biometrics. Am glad the battle has finally come to and End.
God be praised.

Scrobo23
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Scrobo23 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:44 am

Congratulations

Cici85
Newly Registered

Post by Cici85 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:36 am

Scrobo23 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:44 am
Congratulations

Thank you @Scrobo23. I hope they send it back ontime. I hope by Gods Grace am granted the permanent resident instead of another 5years . Have a nice week all .

Scrobo23
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Scrobo23 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:29 pm

My appeal is coming up in 1st week of March any advice please.

Cici85
Newly Registered

Post by Cici85 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:42 pm

Scrobo23 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:29 pm
My appeal is coming up in 1st week of March any advice please.

I wish u d best of luck, pray and all is going to be fine. My only advice is listen very well before u reply. Whatever question u don’t understand ask bodly and be consistent. If you don’t know the answer I will suggest you don’t say anything but keep looking at d judge. Make sure you know what’s on ur witness statement cos they will use dat to ask you question . All d best n God bless u

Scrobo23
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Scrobo23 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:23 am

Thanks