ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Inform INIS about separation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bobby89
Newly Registered
Ireland

Inform INIS about separation

Post by Bobby89 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:29 pm

Hi to all
I have a question. How should we inform INIS about separation with eu family member? Does it efect on my residency status any way?.
Note: I am not talking about going for retention.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Inform INIS about separation

Post by max307 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:41 pm

I would recommend a written letter, that way they are obliged to at least acknowledge your correspondence and you have a paper trail just in case you need it in the future. Regarding your other question - to be honest is hard to tell, apparently if you continue to be married and the EU national is still residing in the country it won't affect your current permission.

Eventually you will need to apply for retention of a residence card if the EU national has departed from the state, or in the event of the divorce or annulment of marriage.

If you provide more details on your personal circumstances we can give you a better answer.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Bobby89
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Bobby89 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:58 pm

Thanks for fast response. We are only living separate. No intention to go for divorce. She is working and exercising her treaty right. We are married from last 4 years. I was just worried that may be if I tell INIs about separation they can cancel my current eustamp4.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:44 pm

Bobby89 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:58 pm
Thanks for fast response. We are only living separate. No intention to go for divorce. She is working and exercising her treaty right. We are married from last 4 years. I was just worried that may be if I tell INIs about separation they can cancel my current eustamp4.
No problem.

I don't think that your current Stamp 4 EUFAM will be revoked but maybe others here in the forum can give you a more definitive answer. I know other posters have been through similar situations.

You are doing the right thing here, better they hear the news from you and not from someone else. It will help your case moving forward.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Post by euspouse07 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:46 am

Bobby89 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:58 pm
Eu treaty rights are ambiguous about the separation, however, it is always good to notify them about the change in your status. As per the law, you are not required to live under the same roof to prove as a couple. Even there is court judgment in regards to the same.
I would suggest you inform them upfront so won't have any issue extending your permission