ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 4 Dependent visa refusal... help

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aslamaria
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

UK Tier 4 Dependent visa refusal... help

Post by Aslamaria » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:11 pm

Hi,
I recently applied for tier 4 with my two kids as dependents. Husband works in Pakistan and didn't want to move away from his work so we didn't apply for him. At one point when collecting documents for CAS, my univ asked me to submit a custody consent letter that says I have full custody of the kids and I have my husband's consent in this regard. All these documents were submitted with my application after the univ gave me the green signal. My kids' visa has been refused however on grounds that I dont have sole custody and that I dong have proof that I have sole responsibility of them.

I am very confused as I have submitted bank statement with more than sufficient maintenance funds as well as the custody letter. Please help or share your ecperience.

Alexis19999
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: UK Tier 4 Dependent visa refusal... help

Post by Alexis19999 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:44 pm

The tier 4 pbs dependant guideline paragraph 319 clearly stated the reasons why a single parent will travel with a child without the other partner.
If you are the sole surviving parent
If their are compelling reasons
If the parent has had and have sole responsibility on the child.
"You said your husband works in parkistan and cant travel with you. That means you are married and not a single parent and your husband is still alive."

Aside from consent letter from your husband,who have sole responsibility on the kids?do you and your husband share the responsibility?where are the kids staying? Who pays their school fees?who is responsible for them financially and emotionally?This question needs to be answered.

If you are the one that has sole responsibility on them then you can add this to your document(depending on your case you can get more and more document to proof )
Letter of enrolment from the kids school indicating who is paying their fees (if its you thats better)
Receipt of things you have been buying for them
Receipt of school fees
Court affidavit that you are the one who have sole responsibility on them
And consent letter from their dad stating clearly that you are the one who has sole responsibility on them.
This is not all

This is just my 1 cent

Best of luck

Alexis19999
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: UK Tier 4 Dependent visa refusal... help

Post by Alexis19999 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:02 pm

1.Also since you have gotten your visa. Your husband and your kids can reapply as dependants. When they gets their visa your husband and the kids can come meet you in uk. Later he can return back to parkistan and continue his work.

2.Because if your husband is not applying with you that means its not a must the kids come with you,the kids can always stay with their dad.
Except you can follow the tier4 pbs dependant guideline.