ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cancelling / Withdrawing EEA (QP) Online Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eribird33
Newly Registered
United States of America

Cancelling / Withdrawing EEA (QP) Online Application

Post by eribird33 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:05 pm

Hi,
My husband (EU citizen) and I (non-EEA spouse) applied a few days ago online through the EEA (QP) application, where he was the main applicant and he added me onto his application as a family member. I realize that we answered one section incorrectly: when asked about previous BRPs issued for me. We were all set to go through the European Passport Return Service today, but caught our mistake before we went. We decided to cancel/withdraw our application (through this link: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml), but have not yet received a confirmation of cancellation.

Does anyone know how long it typically takes for them to accept our withdrawal?

We'd like to submit a fresh application as soon as possible, but don't know if we have to wait until we get a confirmation that our old application has been cancelled before starting a new one. Thankfully, we have not submitted any of our documents or paid for the biometrics or EPRS yet, so it would just be the initial application fee that we are forfeiting.

I've searched everywhere online but can't find any timelines or threads asking about this, apart from the automatic rejection if docs aren't submitted within 10 days. Thanks in advance -- any insight would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Erica

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Re: Cancelling / Withdrawing EEA (QP) Online Application

Post by NikiGio » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:47 pm

Have you tried calling them to ask? Contact details for EEA citizens below.

Enquiries from European citizens
Telephone: 0300 123 2253
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm
Friday, 9am to 4:30pm

The site talks about 10 working days to return documents after a cancellation, but given you didn't send them any documents - presumably you should be apply to re-apply straight away. But best ask them.
Also, when you re-apply include a covering letter explaining that you previously cancelled as you realised you made a mistake on the form.

Baibear
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Cancelling / Withdrawing EEA (QP) Online Application

Post by Baibear » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:22 am

Hey there,
I am currently in the same boat and would love to hear a follow up on your situation. Also, were you able to get your application fee refunded?