ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Section 3 C ended and 10 year IlR route..please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ramsharika
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Section 3 C ended and 10 year IlR route..please help

Post by Ramsharika » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:00 pm

Dear members and admin,
I am a tier 2 dependent.My husband been in UK from last 10 years.We had some issues in our last extension.While our application was on pending I lost my job(I was working for NHS)and the home office notified my employer that my section 3c right ended. Soon after my termination we got our Tier 2 visa. Now my husband has completed his 10 years of stay in UK. But when we spoke to one of our friend who is a solicitor ,he said its really difficult to get 10 year ILR route,as section 3c ended that means it may have affected our 10 year continuous legal stay.We have made all our applications within the UK only and all were on time. Our section 3c was ended due to our administrative review refusal.
Is my husband eligible for 10 year ILR route. Please help with your advise and suggestions .I am really worried.
Please help.

Thank you
Kind regards
Sharika

Ramsharika
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Section 3 C ended and 10 year IlR route..please help

Post by Ramsharika » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:38 pm

Please help .. could anyone know does it affects my hudband’s 10year Continous lawful stay...
Many Thanks
Sharika

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:55 pm

When did this refusal happen ?
Any period of overstaying will be disregarded if you applied for a fresh application within a grace period (after a refusal) and subsequently were granted visa. This is under paragraph 39E of the rules.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ramsharika
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ramsharika » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:41 pm

Dear Zimba ,
Thank you so much for your prompt reply.
Please see my husband's 10 years journey in UK for your reference.

December 2008- entry to UK as Tier 4 (Main applicant) student

June 2011- Applied for PSW Before Tier 4 expiry-PSW granted

June 2013-FLR o applied before PSW expiry-FLR o granted

August 2013- Tier 2 granted

April 2014- I 've joined him as a tier 2 dependent.

August 2016-Tier 2 general extension applied-employers license revoked- varied Tier 2general
application into Tier 1 entrepreneur (200k)applied before Tier 2 expiry

December 2016- Tier 1 refused

January 2017- Administrative review applied on time - Administrative review came as negative

February 2017- Made a new Tier 1 application on time after administrative review( my employer suspended me from work)

May 2017- Varied Tier 1 Entpr into tier 2 General,while Tier 1 entrpr decision was pending.

August 2017- Tier 2 general Granted (but I think Section 3c ended because I got dismissed from my job,didnt fight because I was unwell with my pregnancy, by god's grace we blessed with a baby on December 2017)

Now we are on Tier 2 general and the tier 2 visa is valid until July 2019.And we are really worried regarding our ILR.
1.What are the complications on our application?

2.5year Tier 2 general PBS route or 10 years continuous stay route is better ?( Because he has already completed his 5years on Tier 2 General,if that make sense and he will be completing his 10 years in December 2018)

3.Does Section 3c which has ended affect our application?
One of our other friend who was working with my husband is on similar situation as well.Our friend's are saying its really difficult to get our ILR.
Please help with your suggestions.

Thank you
Kind regards
Sharika

eastwood
Mood:
China

Post by eastwood » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:58 pm

Ramsharika wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:41 pm
Dear Zimba ,
Thank you so much for your prompt reply.
Please see my husband's 10 years journey in UK for your reference.

December 2008- entry to UK as Tier 4 (Main applicant) student

June 2011- Applied for PSW Before Tier 4 expiry-PSW granted

June 2013-FLR o applied before PSW expiry-FLR o granted

August 2013- Tier 2 granted

April 2014- I 've joined him as a tier 2 dependent.

August 2016-Tier 2 general extension applied-employers license revoked- varied Tier 2general
application into Tier 1 entrepreneur (200k)applied before Tier 2 expiry

December 2016- Tier 1 refused

January 2017- Administrative review applied on time - Administrative review came as negative

February 2017- Made a new Tier 1 application on time after administrative review( my employer suspended me from work)

May 2017- Varied Tier 1 Entpr into tier 2 General,while Tier 1 entrpr decision was pending.

August 2017- Tier 2 general Granted (but I think Section 3c ended because I got dismissed from my job,didnt fight because I was unwell with my pregnancy, by god's grace we blessed with a baby on December 2017)

Now we are on Tier 2 general and the tier 2 visa is valid until July 2019.And we are really worried regarding our ILR.
1.What are the complications on our application?

2.5year Tier 2 general PBS route or 10 years continuous stay route is better ?( Because he has already completed his 5years on Tier 2 General,if that make sense and he will be completing his 10 years in December 2018)

3.Does Section 3c which has ended affect our application?
One of our other friend who was working with my husband is on similar situation as well.Our friend's are saying its really difficult to get our ILR.
Please help with your suggestions.

Thank you
Kind regards
Sharika
What date was your tier 1 refused in Dec 2016?
What date did you file AR?
What date was your AR refused?
What date did you apply for tier one in Feb 2017?

If you filed your AR within time limit (10 business days for appeal, not sure for AR) of receiving refusal letter, AND made the new application within 14 days of receiving AR refusal, from my understanding you are fine.

Read paragraph 39E:
Exceptions for overstayers

39E. This paragraph applies where:
(1) the application was made within 14 days of the applicant’s leave expiring and the Secretary of State considers that there was a good reason beyond the control of the applicant or their representative, provided in or with the application, why the application could not be made in-time; or
(2) the application was made:
(a) following the refusal of a previous application for leave which was made in-time; and
(b) within 14 days of:
(i) the refusal of the previous application for leave; or
(ii) the expiry of any leave extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971; or
(iii) the expiry of the time-limit for making an in-time application for administrative review or appeal (where applicable); or
(iv) any administrative review or appeal being concluded, withdrawn or abandoned or lapsing.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:59 pm

Your section 3C ended in Jan 2017 when the AR came back negative (HO probably didn't inform your employer about this until August)
This could mean you worked illegally between Jan and August 2017 as you had no section 3C. This can complicate things
What is your husband's immigration status ??
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ramsharika
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ramsharika » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:34 am

Dear Zimba and Eastwood,
Thank you so much for your reply. I got suspended from work in February 2017 and got dismissed in August 2017.
-My husband got Tier 2 General granted in August 2017.
-Now my husband is On Tier2 General and I am his dependent as before.
- Soon after the AR negative decision , we made a Tier1 entrpr (200k) application again, but in May 2017 we varied Tier 1 application into Tier 2 General, which was granted in August 2017.

[ while we applied for Tier 1 entrpr visa, my husband actually started a new company and registered in company house]

1)Could you please tell me if it has already broken my husband’s 10years continuity?

2)If our continuity is broken can we do anything to cover it for our ILR

3) Does he qualify to apply for 5 year Tier 2 General Route?

Thank you
Regards
Sharika

Ramsharika
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ramsharika » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:33 pm

Dear Gurus,
Does this Paragraph 39E applicable to my husband.

Exceptions for overstayers

39E. This paragraph applies where:
(1) the application was made within 14 days of the applicant’s leave expiring and the Secretary of State considers that there was a good reason beyond the control of the applicant or their representative, provided in or with the application, why the application could not be made in-time; or
(2) the application was made:
(a) following the refusal of a previous application for leave which was made in-time; and
(b) within 14 days of:
(i) the refusal of the previous application for leave; or
(ii) the expiry of any leave extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971; or
(iii) the expiry of the time-limit for making an in-time application for administrative review or appeal (where applicable); or
(iv) any administrative review or appeal being concluded, withdrawn or abandoned or lapsing.

1)Could you please tell me if it has already broken my husband’s 10years continuity?

2)If our continuity is broken can we do anything to cover it for our ILR

3) Does he qualify to apply for 5 year Tier 2 General Route?

Thank you
Regards
Sharika

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:27 pm

The period of overstaying will be disregarded under 39E. There was no break in continuity and both 5 year route and 10 year route are possible.

Ramsharika
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ramsharika » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:33 pm

Thank you somuch Zimba. :) will update you once we receive our decision in December.We are planning to apply for our ILR in december.
Many Thanks for your help and support

Regards
Sharika

Ramsharika
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Sharing experience- ILR (10 year route) switching from Tier-2 General

Post by Ramsharika » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:59 pm

Dear Admins and Members,
I am really happy to share my succesfull 10 year immigration journey here.This forum helped me a lot. Thank you so much to all Admins and members.
My Time line:
Tier 4 student visa: 2009
Tier 1 PSW visa: 2011
Tier 2 General: 2013
Tier 2 General Extension: 2017
Tier -2 Visa valid until: 2019 July
ILR (10years-LR) applied : 05/01/2019-Super priority(24hrs service)
Bio metrics enrolled: 11/01/2019
Decision email:14/01/2019
Approval Letter:15/01/2019
BRP card: waiting
Once again Thank you so much everyone. All the best for those who are seeking ILR.