ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland - incorrect entry stamp by the Immigration Officer

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

erand_t
Newly Registered
Ireland

Ireland - incorrect entry stamp by the Immigration Officer

Post by erand_t » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:39 am

Good day to you.

I arrived to Dublin under "Highly Skilled Job Interview Authorization" visa type. I was invited to Ireland by a company for final interview. The immigration office at the airport was not aware of the visa category until I showed her the details in INIS web page.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/HI ... HORISATION

Then she stamped for 3 months and I entered the country. Soon after the interview, the company applied for " critical skilled employment permit". After a while by contacting the work permit department, they stated that the passport stamp done at the airport is wrong and they cannot process the permit with that stamp.

It is clear that the immigration officer at the airport did some mistake and put the wrong stamp.

could you please advice how I can get this rectified?

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Ireland - incorrect entry stamp by the Immigration Officer

Post by Mal111 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:53 am

you need to book an appointment in Dublin immigration office go their explain them the situation they will issue you with an appropriate stamp.

erand_t
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by erand_t » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:04 am

Hi Mal111,

Thanks for the response. I was looking for appointments in Burgh Quay. But latest are coming in 2 months. I'm using the GNIB application as well.

Any idea if local immigration officer can change the stamp? I'm closer to Limerick and Cork.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:25 am

erand_t wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:04 am
Hi Mal111,

Thanks for the response. I was looking for appointments in Burgh Quay. But latest are coming in 2 months. I'm using the GNIB application as well.

Any idea if local immigration officer can change the stamp? I'm closer to Limerick and Cork.
Just go there. There is a window 15 or window 1 (on the end of either sides) which is always open for emergencies. Just explain the reason that you cannot wait for 2 months to get the next appointment, and if you explain it nicely, they will give you an emergency ticket to be seen on the same day.
My girlfriend did it twice in the last 3 months because of similar issues - the first time was about a wrong stamp and she couldn't work legally with the wrong stamp; the second time was that she had to do a stamp transfer from old passport to new passport in order to get re-entry visa. She was seen within an hour after she got the ticket.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:33 am

if you live near cork then try the local garda station take all your documents they may be able to stamp your passport

thanks

erand_t
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by erand_t » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:10 pm

[quote=Mal111 post_id=1675658 time=1535625184 user_id=148301]
if you live near cork then try the local garda station take all your documents they may be able to stamp your passport

Thanks Mal111. I'm going to go to Mallow or Cork to try next week. Hope it works.

erand_t
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by erand_t » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:12 pm

littlerr wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:25 am

Just go there. There is a window 15 or window 1 (on the end of either sides) which is always open for emergencies. Just explain the reason that you cannot wait for 2 months to get the next appointment, and if you explain it nicely, they will give you an emergency ticket to be seen on the same day.
My girlfriend did it twice in the last 3 months because of similar issues - the first time was about a wrong stamp and she couldn't work legally with the wrong stamp; the second time was that she had to do a stamp transfer from old passport to new passport in order to get re-entry visa. She was seen within an hour after she got the ticket.
Thanks for the info. If I dont get anything locally done in the next week, I will go to Dublin.