ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of GNIB appointment question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mattjct88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Date of GNIB appointment question

Post by mattjct88 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:09 pm

Hi guys, I am wondering can someone possibly help me with this question. First I'll give you a little background.

I am Irish and I married a Mexican lady recently. My wife has a stamp 4 visa valid until 16th September 2018 already. She was working and studying a masters when we met. We are due to receive our marriage certificate early next week.

We have experienced a massive headache trying to book a GNIB appointment and the only date we could get for her is October 18th.

The receptionist at the GNIB office in Dublin said that the date of her visa renewal appointment can be up to a month after the expiration of her visa.

My question is, is October 18th fine for my wife as technically she will be in Ireland illegally for two days?

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Date of GNIB appointment question

Post by Mal111 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:26 pm

yea its fine she should have no problem for if the gab is 32 days.
best course of action is send an email to INIS state that your trying to renew your wife visa but due to no appointment available you can only renew it 18th oct at earliest.
print out your sent email and keep it as an immigration record in future when she will apply for citizenship they might object this period so you can have a record that this was not fault of yours.

bobu2kadu

Post by bobu2kadu » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:48 pm

Try installing an app from google playstore if android or AppStore if i-phone, the app is called GNIB and Visa by Alexandr Zavalii. Its a trusted app and will give you available slots and also quick booking by saving your details before hand

mattjct88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by mattjct88 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:50 pm

bobu2kadu wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:48 pm
Try installing an app from google playstore if android or AppStore if i-phone, the app is called GNIB and Visa by Alexandr Zavalii. Its a trusted app and will give you available slots and also quick booking by saving your details before hand
Yeah the app you mention is useful. It's the only way we were able to get even the appointment we got.

mattjct88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by mattjct88 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:52 pm

Mal111 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:26 pm
yea its fine she should have no problem for if the gab is 32 days.
best course of action is send an email to INIS state that your trying to renew your wife visa but due to no appointment available you can only renew it 18th oct at earliest.
print out your sent email and keep it as an immigration record in future when she will apply for citizenship they might object this period so you can have a record that this was not fault of yours.
Yeah sending such an email seems like a good idea. Thank you!