ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Upper Tribunal questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Upper Tribunal questions

Post by TODMATT » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:49 pm

Hi guys,

A friend of mine applied for a settlement visa for his wife last year and it was refused based on relationship not subsisting and not genuine. He's got a court date coming up next month although he paid a useless solicitor to file for the appeal and it seems the solicitor is just extorting money out of him. He gave the solicitor 2 bundles, one to be sent to the Upper Tribunal and the other copies for their own record. The question is, which bundle will the judge use on the day of the court? and since the Upper tribunal sent ECO the bundle which was sent by his Solicitor. Would the ECO send the same bundle to Judge? Could one of the expert clarify this confusion as the solicitor is useless and my friend is in the process of changing solicitor as the same solicitor wanted to charge him again after he's paid for £700 for the appeal for the only letter which he wrote and also ask my friend to pay for the lawyer who will represent him in court. Could some enlighten us regarding the process please
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.