ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final documents checklist + questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: PEO 42 days and change of rules

Post by VirtualWaver » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:51 pm

VirtualWaver wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:06 pm
Hi All,

I am aware that we can book an ILR priority service online 42 days before our planned date.

So, if I book my application 42 days in advance and, obviously, pay for priority service and then Home Office suddenly change any regulations in that 42 days that will affect my ILR application (for example, if they increase salary for specific SOC), then will I be safe from that amendment as I booked and paid before that change applied or this will still apply to me so I will have to cancel my entire appointment? Thanks.
Guys any chance anyone will have info on this one? Thanks.

Akorotaeva

Re: ILR questions

Post by Akorotaeva » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:33 pm

Fair enough.

They are unlikely to change anything this time of the year and most likely not retrospectively.

You should be fine, especially if your form is done online.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:41 pm

Akorotaeva wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:33 pm
Fair enough.

They are unlikely to change anything this time of the year and most likely not retrospectively.

You should be fine, especially if your form is done online.
Well they changed some of the SOC code salaries 2 years ago in September. No guarantee they won't this year.

Just don't want to get a refusal and loose 6K .

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:13 pm

Guys, do we need to show a proof of cohabitation?

Where can I read about this on UKBA website? Didn't find anything in immigration rules.

Also, do we need to show proof for the last 2 years or 5 years? My wife came to the UK in 2011 but if I put the 2013 date (the date I first got Tier 2 Gen) in her application in the section "When did you first enter the UK?" does it mean that they will require proof for 5 years?? Should we put the date she fist came to the UK as the first entry date in her application??

So confused!! Thanks!

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Proof of cohabitation

Post by VirtualWaver » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:11 pm

Hi All,

I believe this topic will be helpful for many other people as I was searching the forum and didn't find a complete guidance on this.

Applying to ILR from TIer 2 General along with my dependant in September 2018. The form is SET (O). My dependant came to the UK back in 2011 and we lived together since and have a baby.

I am totally lost and confused about proof of cohabitation. Could someone please shed some light on this?

1. It says in the SET (O) form that it should cover maximum 2 years. Am I right saying it should cover September 2016 - September 2018 period in my specific case as I am applying in September 2018?

2. Am I right saying that each document is a proof for 4 months only even if its a tenancy agreement for a whole year? If yes, could you please point me to the GOV.UK website where it says so? Couldn't find anything.

3. For SET (O) from Tier 2 Gen - do we need to submit documents from 3 different sources or just 1 source is enough as the application form doesn't specifically mention 3 sources?

4. When it says "at least 6 letters in joint names from 3 different sources" does it mean 3 sources for each 4 months period or 3 sources total for 2 years? In other words do we need to show 3 different documents for each 4 months or 1 document for 4 months but there should be at least 3 type of documents in that 2 years so we cannot just use 24 x payslips to cover each month but also need to use something else?

4. Do that documents need to be originals that are sent by post or can I just print out online bills, payslips, etc? For example, my payslips are online only, my company doesn't send paper payslips, so can I just print them or they have to be original ones sent by post? The same is with mobile bills, etc.

5. In my specific case, I am paying all the bills and they are on my name. Only Tenancy Agreement and Council Tax bill is on our joint name, everything else is on my name. I can't really think of any documents that can cover the last 2 years! As I said, I mostly go paperless and also destroy all unnecessary letters as I hate junk.

Are there any more specific documents that count or can I use any letter, for example, a letter from a high street retailer confirming eye test appointment?

Your answers would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks a lot!

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:02 pm

Guys can anyone please please help:

1. Can we use payslips / P60s as a proof of cohabitation? I am currently planning to use tenancy agreement and council tax bills for joint names and NHS letter / utility bills for individual names. But there are some gaps to fill 1 month for example I have evidence for Mar, so the next should be for Jul but I have for August and planning to use a payslip to cover Jun.

2. Can we submit more than 6 documents because of the reason in point 1?

3. When calculating 2 years period should we calculate starting from the date our last visa was granted or counting backwards from the date of PEO application?

4. Can we use estate agent letter as a proof? It has our both names on it.

Thanks a lot!

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Post by trueblue19 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:29 pm

VirtualWaver wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:02 pm
Guys can anyone please please help:

1. Can we use payslips / P60s as a proof of cohabitation? I am currently planning to use tenancy agreement and council tax bills for joint names and NHS letter / utility bills for individual names. But there are some gaps to fill 1 month for example I have evidence for Mar, so the next should be for Jul but I have for August and planning to use a payslip to cover Jun.

You can use P60 as proof of residence for yourself. Basically for the last 24 months backwards from Sep 2018, you need to submit documents in your spouse's name or yours and joint (It will help if some documents are in your name only, some in your wife's name only, and some joint). These can be spaced out every 3-4 months or so

2. Can we submit more than 6 documents because of the reason in point 1?

Yes, 6 is minimum. More the better.

3. When calculating 2 years period should we calculate starting from the date our last visa was granted or counting backwards from the date of PEO application?

Date of PEO application

4. Can we use estate agent letter as a proof? It has our both names on it.

Yes
Thanks a lot!

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Re: Proof of cohabitation

Post by trueblue19 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:33 pm

VirtualWaver wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:11 pm

1. It says in the SET (O) form that it should cover maximum 2 years. Am I right saying it should cover September 2016 - September 2018 period in my specific case as I am applying in September 2018?

Yes, Sep 2016 to Sep 2018 is fine.

2. Am I right saying that each document is a proof for 4 months only even if its a tenancy agreement for a whole year? If yes, could you please point me to the GOV.UK website where it says so? Couldn't find anything.

You need a document for every 3-4 months. Even if tenancy agreement is for the whole year, it was still issued at a certain date.

3. For SET (O) from Tier 2 Gen - do we need to submit documents from 3 different sources or just 1 source is enough as the application form doesn't specifically mention 3 sources?

6 documents minimum from 3 different sources minimum

4. When it says "at least 6 letters in joint names from 3 different sources" does it mean 3 sources for each 4 months period or 3 sources total for 2 years? In other words do we need to show 3 different documents for each 4 months or 1 document for 4 months but there should be at least 3 type of documents in that 2 years so we cannot just use 24 x payslips to cover each month but also need to use something else?

3 sources for 2 years, not every 4 months.

5. Do that documents need to be originals that are sent by post or can I just print out online bills, payslips, etc? For example, my payslips are online only, my company doesn't send paper payslips, so can I just print them or they have to be original ones sent by post? The same is with mobile bills, etc.

Originals. Print outs not acceptable. You cant use payslips as proof of address as they are usually online unless you get paper payslips

6. In my specific case, I am paying all the bills and they are on my name. Only Tenancy Agreement and Council Tax bill is on our joint name, everything else is on my name. I can't really think of any documents that can cover the last 2 years! As I said, I mostly go paperless and also destroy all unnecessary letters as I hate junk.

Might be a good idea to keep getting some paper statements. Get a bank statement (if joint even better) for last 24 months. Order it on the phone, you should have it within a week or so.

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Post by trueblue19 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:46 pm

If it helps, following is the list of documents I'm submitting as co-habitation proof.

List of Cohabitation Documents:

1. March 2016: Council Tax Bill – Joint
2. May 2016: Tenancy Renewal Letter – Joint
3. May 2016: Home Office Letter for Tier 2 Visa Renewal Approval – Main Applicant
4. May 2016: Home Office Letter for Tier 2 Visa Renewal Approval – Dependent
5. June 2016 (Jan 2016 to June 2016): HFX Bank Statement – Joint
6. September 2016: HMRC Letter – Dependent
7. March 2017: Council Tax Bill – Joint
8. April 2017: Tenancy Agreement – Joint (Valid for 3 years)
9. April 2017: Electricity Bill – Main Applicant
10. April 2017: Council Tax Bill (new address) – Joint
11. April 2017: TD Direct Investing Letter – Main Applicant
12. May 2017: Thames Water Bill – Main Applicant
13. May 2017: SNTR Bank Letter – Main Applicant
14. Jun 2017: SNTR Bank Statement – Main Applicant
15. October 2017: Bank of Scotland Letter – Main Applicant
16. November 2017: SNTR Bank – Main Applicant
17. January 2018: NTW Bank Letter – Main Applicant
18. February 2018: Carphone Warehouse Letter – Dependent
19. March 2018: Carphone Warehouse Letter – Dependent
20. April 2018: Employer Letter – Dependent
21. April 2018: HFX Bank Letter – Main Applicant
22. May 2018: SNTR Bank Statement – Main Applicant
23. June 2018: HFX Bank Statement – Joint
24. June 2018: HFX Bank Letter – Joint
25. June 2018: Aviva Insurance Letter – Dependent
26. June 2018: SNTR Bank Letter – Main Applicant

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:35 pm

trueblue19 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:46 pm
If it helps, following is the list of documents I'm submitting as co-habitation proof.

List of Cohabitation Documents:

1. March 2016: Council Tax Bill – Joint
2. May 2016: Tenancy Renewal Letter – Joint
3. May 2016: Home Office Letter for Tier 2 Visa Renewal Approval – Main Applicant
4. May 2016: Home Office Letter for Tier 2 Visa Renewal Approval – Dependent
5. June 2016 (Jan 2016 to June 2016): HFX Bank Statement – Joint
6. September 2016: HMRC Letter – Dependent
7. March 2017: Council Tax Bill – Joint
8. April 2017: Tenancy Agreement – Joint (Valid for 3 years)
9. April 2017: Electricity Bill – Main Applicant
10. April 2017: Council Tax Bill (new address) – Joint
11. April 2017: TD Direct Investing Letter – Main Applicant
12. May 2017: Thames Water Bill – Main Applicant
13. May 2017: SNTR Bank Letter – Main Applicant
14. Jun 2017: SNTR Bank Statement – Main Applicant
15. October 2017: Bank of Scotland Letter – Main Applicant
16. November 2017: SNTR Bank – Main Applicant
17. January 2018: NTW Bank Letter – Main Applicant
18. February 2018: Carphone Warehouse Letter – Dependent
19. March 2018: Carphone Warehouse Letter – Dependent
20. April 2018: Employer Letter – Dependent
21. April 2018: HFX Bank Letter – Main Applicant
22. May 2018: SNTR Bank Statement – Main Applicant
23. June 2018: HFX Bank Statement – Joint
24. June 2018: HFX Bank Letter – Joint
25. June 2018: Aviva Insurance Letter – Dependent
26. June 2018: SNTR Bank Letter – Main Applicant
Thanks a lot!

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:05 pm

Guys, I have another one please.

It says in Indefinite leave to remain: calculating continuous period in UK guidance:

Where short visits outside the UK, on weekends or other non-working days have taken place, evidence from the employer should be provided to confirm the applicant’s normal working pattern and show the absences occurred during a non-working period.

Questions, questions...

1. What is considered a short visit? For example, I booked days off on Thu and Fri, left the UK on Thursday and returned on Sunday, or Monday (public holiday). Is this considered a short visit?
2. I almost always had weekends / public holidays in between of my annual leaves, for example, left the UK on Sat and returned next week on Sunday or Monday (public holiday). In this case does my employer still need to show that I am not working on weekends and public holidays?
3. What should be written in the Employer Letter? Will something like this tick the box "Applicant's normal working days are Mon - Fri (do they need to include my working hours too?). I can confirm that all his absences from the UK on weekends and public holidays from the list attached occurred during non-working periods."

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:28 pm

Anyone please? :?

This ILR thing drives me crazy. Cant wait for this to finish ))

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Final documents checklist + questions

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:16 pm

Dear CR001 and other seniors,

I would appreciate greatly if you could confirm the documents below are correct for Tier 2 General to ILR Premium application.

I am applying using paper-based version after a couple of weeks and want to make sure all is correct.

My wife is applying with me as my dependant.

I also have a few questions / clarification that is in bold. Could you please advise on them?

Question: My first Tier 2 Gen visa was issued on 17 Oct 2013. I want to apply on 27th of Sep 2018. This is all good, right?

Main Applicant.

1. Application Payment (UKVI_xxxx)
2. Completed SET (O) Form. 1 form for myself and dependant
3. 2 Photographs each with full name at the back
4. Current passport
5. BRP
6. Life in the UK certificate
7. UK degree
8. Bank Statements from Lloyds showing last 2 salaries (July and August). (I am planning to call them and ask to send the statements to my home address as they won't stamp them - is this ok or should I request any additional letter(s) from them?)

9. Employer letter 1 (for employment) showing:

SOC code
Normal working hours
Current salary and that this is my regular salary
Confirmation that the SOC code is above the appropriate rate as stated in Tier 2 sponsors list
Confirmation that I am still required for employment in question for the foreseeable future
Confirmation that I will be paid the my current salary for the foreseeable future

My salary was increased slightly (around 5%) in May 2018 based on performance / annual review and this was reported in SMS - does this need to be mentioned in the letter?

My company changed its name 3 years ago and then applied for a new sponsor license and I then extended my Tier 2 after that - does it need to be mentioned in the letter that my company changed its name on this date?

10. Employer letter 2 (for absences) showing:

Normal working hours
Normal working days - is this required to mention?
Annual leave entitlement
Confirmation that I did not take any unpaid or paternity leave during my employment
Confirmation that all my absences were either business trips or paid annual leaves
Confirmation that all absences that occurred during weekends / public holidays occurred during non-working period - it this required / correct to write like this?
Confirmation that I was paid my salary and paying taxes whilst I was abroad during my annual leave or business trips - is this required?
A list of all my absences during the last 5 years (the date I first got my Tier 2 General visa).

It includes:

Day left the UK
Day returned to the UK
Number of working days - does HR needs to include all whole days or just working days?
Destination of visit
Purpose of Visit
Notes (for example, stamp is on page X or the migrant returned to the UK on 4th of May but passed border control after midnight and the stamp in passport shows 5th of May) - does this needs to be included or should I provide this info myself in a separate letter?

11. Employer letter 3 (for payslips) showing that:

My payslips are online only and this is what everyone else also gets
Confirmation that attached payslips are genuine
Attached last 2 payslips with HR signature on them - should it be 2 months as per bank statements or just the recent one and should they have HR signature on them?

12. Copies of all documents

Dependant:

1. Current passport
2. Previous passport
3. BRP
4. 2 Photographs each with full name at the back
5. Life in the UK test
6. IELTS Life Skills B1 pass test
7. Our marriage certificate + NON-UK notarised translation - is this ok? To be honest I was always using this in all my previous visa applications without issues but want to confirm if its ok to show a NON-UK notarised certificate for ILR.
8. Proof of cohabitation for the last 2 years (Sept 2016 - Sep 2018)

Sep 2016 - Tenancy Agreement (joint)
Feb 2017 - Council Tax Letter (joint)
May 2017 - Wife: payslip
May 2017 - Me: Colour printed online mobile phone bill - is it ok it is printed in colour as when the provider re-sent the bill it was saying "copy" on it so don't want to use it?
Sep 2017 - Tenancy Agreement (joint)
DEC 2017 - Me: Colour printed online utility bill - is it ok it is printed in colour as when the provider re-sent the bill it was saying "copy" on it so don't want to use it?
DEC 2017 - Wife: mobile phone bill
Mar 2018 - Council Tax Letter (joint)
JUL 2018 - Me: Colour printed online utility bill - is it ok it is printed in colour as when the provider re-sent the bill it was saying "copy" on it so don't want to use it?
JUL 2018 - Wife: mobile phone bill
SEP 2018 - Tenancy Agreement (joint)

9. Copies of all documents

Could you please confirm if all paperwork above is correct? Thanks a lot!

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: Final documents checklist + questions

Post by VirtualWaver » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:43 am

Anyone please? )