ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

any reason for both NARIC letter and English language test?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nomad545
Newly Registered
South Africa

any reason for both NARIC letter and English language test?

Post by nomad545 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:20 pm

I have my appointment for ILR (UK ancestry route) booked later in September. There's one thing that still worries me, so I thought I would ask the hive mind of this forum, who have been so helpful in the past:

The "document checklist" I downloaded after booking my appointment says that I need BOTH of the following:

- The language test certificate for ... to prove the level of English language required, AND
- NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or researched

Is there any reason I would need to provide both of these when I have the language test certificate to prove my level of English (I'm a native speaker, but anyway...)? Could it be that I need a NARIC letter to show that I have a degree that "meets or exceeds the recognised standard" of a UK degree? I thought that was not required for ILR on ancestry.

I have the degree, I just don't want to pay another £150 after doing so already for the language test. Basically I want to ignore the instruction to obtain and bring a NARIC letter, but can I safely do so?

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions folks!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: any reason for both NARIC letter and English language test?

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:31 pm

You need the B1 test Or the degree verified by NARIC. you don't need both. You also should only have selected One option to meet the English requirement and not both.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:18 am

Just reading this post I've got a question too please someone answer.

I got my degree from coventry uni and college was in London and the course was obviously taught in english. Do I have to verify from NARIC or is it not necessary? I did my MBA.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:45 am

jason32 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:18 am
Just reading this post I've got a question too please someone answer.

I got my degree from coventry uni and college was in London and the course was obviously taught in english. Do I have to verify from NARIC or is it not necessary? I did my MBA.

Thanks
No you don't need NARIC. Please keep your questions in your own topic you already have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.