ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN form and MN1 form queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajay.jethani
United Kingdom

AN form and MN1 form queries

Post by ajay.jethani » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:36 pm

Dear all

Firstly apologies if i''m asking queries already in earlier answers

I want to confirm few queries I've in regards to latest AN and MN1 form for applying British Citizenship via naturalization process

AN Form Queries

1)
Page 3. 1.6 if the name state above is not the name you use for all purposes
My Wife name has two passports old passport with old name(before marriage name) and new passport (new name after marriage). also all UK Visa and ILR is already based on new passport
Marriage certificate name mentioned for my wife is old name. is it ok? not sure what other document is needed or all passports (old and new is sufficient). I never needed any documents earlier new passport, old passport and marriage certificate as sufficient.

Hope that is ok to provide all passports and marriage certificate with old name?

2) 1.17 address from last 5 years
I've UK addresses for last 5 years - but in between Nov 2013 to Dec 2013 i was on holiday - so I've got outside uk address or home addresss - is that ok to provide and my overall total days is under 140
similary my wife was away when my son was born so it is ok to provide outside address? we both have bankstatemetns - do we need to provide that - but only concern concern of long statements if we use last 5 years ?

3) PAage 12 - Residence requirement - do we need to provide exact dates left uk and returned UK. I've got most of the dates - only few of dates - I couldn't recollect and travel date - as sometimes stamping on passport date is next day and sometime same day. Also absence from uk will be days (minus departure and return date)?

4) Refrees and identity: do the refree from professionals like previous organisations colleague holding british passport is sufficient or do we need like doctors or accountant as well?

5) Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 years
Council tax, and payslips
I can provide bankstatements as well - but concerned will be too much statements
letter from employer- i have only got offer letters - do i need to produce latest docs or earlier should do? dates earlier?

6) lawful NI contributions: can i just use P60 form or do i need to provide all payslips and P60 and employer letters?

MN1 Form Queries

1) PAge 9
Residency requirments for Child already having ILR more than 1 year
My Son is in UK from 27 Jan 2014 to till date. He already got ILR last year with us
Do he need to complete 5 years?
2) Current passport of child should have validity of more than 3 months or 6months or else?
3)section 3 - Parents residence in uk
state which parents is the one who is british : in our case none is british as we are applying at same time for british citizenship through naturalization process:
It should be last 3 years and absence from last 3 years only?

Section 5: Refrees and identity : i can use refree and identity for myself, wife and son as well?

Much Appreciate if someone can answer my queries - thanks in advance

Regards, Ajay

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: AN form and MN1 form queries

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:22 pm

AN Form Queries

1)
Page 3. 1.6 if the name state above is not the name you use for all purposes
My Wife name has two passports old passport with old name(before marriage name) and new passport (new name after marriage). also all UK Visa and ILR is already based on new passport
Marriage certificate name mentioned for my wife is old name. is it ok? not sure what other document is needed or all passports (old and new is sufficient). I never needed any documents earlier new passport, old passport and marriage certificate as sufficient.

Hope that is ok to provide all passports and marriage certificate with old name?

1.6 is for her maiden name before marriage. Your documents are sufficient.
2) 1.17 address from last 5 years
I've UK addresses for last 5 years - but in between Nov 2013 to Dec 2013 i was on holiday - so I've got outside uk address or home addresss - is that ok to provide and my overall total days is under 140
similary my wife was away when my son was born so it is ok to provide outside address? we both have bankstatemetns - do we need to provide that - but only concern concern of long statements if we use last 5 years ?
Simply list the addresses of wherever you/she was for long periods (not holidays).
3) PAage 12 - Residence requirement - do we need to provide exact dates left uk and returned UK. I've got most of the dates - only few of dates - I couldn't recollect and travel date - as sometimes stamping on passport date is next day and sometime same day. Also absence from uk will be days (minus departure and return date)?
Yes you need to be as accurate as possible. HO checks this with the information they have on file.
4) Refrees and identity: do the refree from professionals like previous organisations colleague holding british passport is sufficient or do we need like doctors or accountant as well?
There is an official list of who can be your professional referee. https://www.gov.im/media/624353/listofreferees.pdf
Your professional referee can be any nationality and your other referee must be British.
I can provide bankstatements as well - but concerned will be too much statements
letter from employer- i have only got offer letters - do i need to produce latest docs or earlier should do? dates earlier?
Passports are sufficient.
6) lawful NI contributions: can i just use P60 form or do i need to provide all payslips and P60 and employer letters?
P60 should be fine.
MN1 Form Queries

1) PAge 9
Residency requirments for Child already having ILR more than 1 year
My Son is in UK from 27 Jan 2014 to till date. He already got ILR last year with us
Do he need to complete 5 years?
No he does not.
2) Current passport of child should have validity of more than 3 months or 6months or else?
No such requirement.
3)section 3 - Parents residence in uk
state which parents is the one who is british : in our case none is british as we are applying at same time for british citizenship through naturalization process:
It should be last 3 years and absence from last 3 years only?
Section 3 is NOT relevant, leave blank.
Section 5: Refrees and identity : i can use refree and identity for myself, wife and son as well?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ajay.jethani
United Kingdom

Post by ajay.jethani » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:12 pm

Much Appreciated.

Just final query I would like to confirm if I can apply for Joint Naturalization as British citizen and passport JCAP online and at same time whether provision for same time

online is only for naturalization as a british citizen

Passport application is paper or online as well?

Appreciated

thanks, Ajay

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:28 am

To apply for both, you need the online form AN and the paper passport form and you submit using NDRS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ajay.jethani
United Kingdom

JCAP in hampshire council?

Post by ajay.jethani » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:07 pm

Hi

Apologies just JCAP form can be applied online and only NDRS appoint ment with nearest council

I cant see any near Hampshire. please suggest

either only NCS appointkent with council or only do NDRS

appreciate if anyone has applied in Hampshire council both british naturalization and passport application?

Thanks

Ancestor
South Africa

Re: JCAP in hampshire council?

Post by Ancestor » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:30 pm

ajay.jethani wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:07 pm
Hi

Apologies just JCAP form can be applied online and only NDRS appoint ment with nearest council

I cant see any near Hampshire. please suggest

either only NCS appointkent with council or only do NDRS

appreciate if anyone has applied in Hampshire council both british naturalization and passport application?

Thanks
I have got my NDRS+JCAP appointment booked via Basingstoke Registration Office, Goldings, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AN for the 10th October 2018. When I booked, my understanding is that they were only taking bookings up to the end of Oct'18 as was being outsourced elsewhere (either post office or libraries).

The Hants website link as follows with all details and contact number etc. https://www.hants.gov.uk/birthsdeathsan ... mentreturn

ajay.jethani
United Kingdom

Post by ajay.jethani » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:37 am

Thanks

I did asked JCAP appointment,Lady said only NCS is route

How did you applied NDRS? I believe only NDRs
As JCAP is online? I mean both British naturalization (online) and passport form(paper)

Also is passport sufficient for 5) lawful residence 5 years?

One of moderator kindly replied. I appreciate that but wanted to double check with you if employer letters or bankstatements are still needed?as bank statements will be Overkill or too much papers and I've got offers letters of employment

Thanks
Regards
Ajay

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:55 pm

ajay.jethani wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:37 am
Thanks

I did asked JCAP appointment,Lady said only NCS is route

How did you applied NDRS? I believe only NDRs
As JCAP is online? I mean both British naturalization (online) and passport form(paper)

One of moderator kindly replied. I appreciate that but wanted to double check with you if employer letters or bankstatements are still needed?as bank statements will be Overkill or too much papers and I've got offers letters of employment

Thanks
Regards
Ajay
Did you specifically ask about an NDRS appointment, as they gave me an appointment that I had booked back mid-July and got confirmation of appointment?

My understanding is as follows

The reason I ask is that their NCS section specifically states:-
If you are completing an online application for citizenship you cannot book an NCS appointment, however, you are eligible to use the Nationality Document Return Service.

You can no longer apply for a British Passport at the same time as applying for British Citizenship during your NCS appointment. If you wish to apply for Joint Citizenship and Passport you should apply online for Citizenship at GOV.UK Nationality - AN/MN1 and use our Nationality Document Return Service. Please call us on 0300 555 1392 to book an appointment or check our website for further information.
With the NDRS appointment as CR001 has explained,
by CR001 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:28 am

To apply for both, you need the online form AN and the paper passport form and you submit using NDRS.
you complete an online Citizenship application and NO check is done on this Citizenship application aspect by the NDRS appointment, but you take along a Paper passport application to the appointment which they DO check, and they send these documents along with your supporting Citizenship application documents to HO.

They were only taking appointments up to end of Oct'18, unless they are fully booked up, as they said the checking of Paper passport application documents and submission of these along with the Citizenship application supporting documents was in the process of being outsourced elsewhere thereafter and they presumed was libraries or post office.

Did you ask them if they had any specific further information in this regard?

My understanding is that with NCS they check your Paper Citizenship application and supporting documents and submit to HO and you would have to wait until your Citizenship was approved and you had your Certificate before you apply for your passport whether online or by paper, but this is my understanding as not going that route.

My understanding is depending on whether you are applying from the EEA route or not and if non-EEA, then none of all the other documents you have listed are required and that your Passport showing date of entry stamp is adequate.

ajay.jethani
United Kingdom

Post by ajay.jethani » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:15 pm

Thanks Ancestor and CR001

Could please anyone of you confirm whether physical signature is still needed for 2 referrals in online as well after printing and photograph is only needed for application s and not referrals?

Thanks
Regards
Ajay

ajay.jethani
United Kingdom

Post by ajay.jethani » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:50 am

Hi Anchestor, CR001 and all other members

Appreciated your help and support till date.

I've booked the NDRS appointment for 19th September 2018 at Basingstoke Registration officend i'm applying via Non-EU or other current nationality (Indian)

as per rules i need to submit online application in 10 days before 19th September

One query i have regarding Citizenship Ceremony - do i need to mentioned that separately? private or public ceremony via phone or i can do on that appointment date?

Also - i've got refrees both British Citizens and one fall under Test Engineer/Analyst category and other one fall under IT Director (Contractor) hope that is sufficient

Appreciated your help again

Thanks
Ajay

ajay.jethani
United Kingdom

Post by ajay.jethani » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:01 pm

Also for refree's for my 4.9 year old son it looks clearly mentioned

Teacher, preschool teacher or GP who have interacted with my son on daily basis

They have only known my son for 2 years and i'm concerned whether they will sign the letter? i've read few posts which they were refused and also whether 3 years is still required in his case?

I'm concerned whether i can still use my refrees for my son as well

Appreciated your help

ajay.jethani
United Kingdom

Post by ajay.jethani » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:24 pm

Hi all

Please can someone help with my queries on this thread?

Appreciated

Thanks
Ajay