ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right to work

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ikarpov
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Right to work

Post by Ikarpov » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:26 pm

Hi everyone,

As I have been granted a discretionary leave to remain in 2013 I have to renew my DL every 2.5 years. There has been no issues with my current employer who runs checks in a very respectful manner. But...I do deliver food with Deliveroo and as my BRP expires on 03/09/18 they have demanded proof of my right to work in UK. I have responded with a link to the government website where there tools available to establish my current status. Nevertheless they have refused this and will be suspending me from tomorrow. So the question is: are they acting lawfully and is the burden of proof is solely on me while my application with Home Office remains outstanding. Any thoughts? Many thanks in advance.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Right to work

Post by Londoner007 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:20 pm

When does your DLR expire?
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease