ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online EEA PR NOT USING EU passport return service

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

FlowerPower
Newly Registered
Poland

Online EEA PR NOT USING EU passport return service

Post by FlowerPower » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:53 am

Hi Guys,
Question to those who had submitted EEA PR application online.
After submitting a form - can you still print form, attach supporting docs and a passport and send off paperwork by post yourself, instead of using Passport return service?
I have a tricky situation here - I am actually helping my partner with his application and I really appreciate easiness of an online form (after myself done all this before in paper format).
However - with him working mostly away - I can not be sure if he will be able to get to local passport return service. And with so short timeframe I can not risk.
I would prefer to fill and submit a form online, then print it off, attach all documents and original passport and send it off.
If online form accepts only EU passport return service, then seems I have no choice to opt for paper form.
Thank you in advance.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Re: Online EEA PR NOT USING EU passport return service

Post by obormot » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:52 pm

Once you complete online application and pay, you are directed to the page which says that you habe to EITHER send your application by post within 10 working days, OR go to passport return service within 10 working days.
So yes, you can use online application and then just send it yourself.
Also: you can check awaiability (and even book) passport return appointmrnt even before you complete the online application. So you might be able to get a day which works fir your partner (and if he cannot do it at the last moment, then just send it by post yourself instead)
However: it seems to me that a non-EU family member of EU-citizen, applying separately (not in the same application as a sponsor) CANNOT use online form:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/eea-pr

Who cannot apply online
Some applicants cannot currently use the online form.

Apply using the EEA (PR) paper form if you are:

a family member of a qualifying EEA national (your sponsor) but you are not applying at the same time as them
a student or self-sufficient person who is financially responsible for any other family members or is reliant on a family member for financial support
applying on the basis of retained rights
applying under the Surinder Singh category

FlowerPower
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Online EEA PR NOT USING EU passport return service

Post by FlowerPower » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:12 pm

Thank you very much! Thats all I needed to know.
We are both EU passport holders and Im just helping him with paperwork. But he is applying on 5 years basis (It’s 8 already) - so online application is oki. Thank you again!