ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All EC applicants from Pakistan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khuram_noman

info

Post by khuram_noman » Thu May 15, 2008 6:46 am

hi

i also agree with jami.. i think you should appeal instead of reapplying thats the proper way..

However my case is still pending and no reply from BHC. i have visited VAC and they said your passport is still in BHC. Yesterday i call and the same reply. Is there any one who apply in the mid of april and got the decision. I applied on 16-April-2008 and verification call on 2-May-2008

regards
khuram Noman

waitingforec
Newly Registered

Post by waitingforec » Thu May 15, 2008 11:48 am

Today i collected my docs and passport from VAC
Here are timelines
Application Submission Date: 15/04/08
Verification Call Date: 08/05/08
Visa Stamp Date: 12/05/08
Status Update Date on Web and Docs Collection Date: 15/05/08

Thanks for all your support and help
Last edited by waitingforec on Thu May 15, 2008 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hoping_for_HSMP

Post by hoping_for_HSMP » Thu May 15, 2008 12:10 pm

congrats waitingforec great

I would like to ask you all a question... in some months i have multiple entries of salary in my bank statement for the same month.... because of expense claims... does anyone have the same scenario... and if so... what was the outcome of the application...

thanks again

cheers
A

hoping_for_HSMP

Post by hoping_for_HSMP » Thu May 15, 2008 12:15 pm

by the way... my above query was for HSMP application... not EC...

waitingforec
Newly Registered

Post by waitingforec » Thu May 15, 2008 12:18 pm

I have also multiple entries of salaries in some months like bonus but satement says "SALARY". I submitted following docs for EC and HSMP
1. Master Degree only without any HEC validation. I was not asked to fill any form for HEC at VAC
2. B.Sc. Degree (HSMP only)
3. Proof of English Certificate signed by Univeristy that awarded the B.Sc. Degree (HSMP Only)
4. IELTS score (EC only - Took after HSMP approval)
5. TB Test (EC only)
6. Employment letter signed and stamped by office
7. Salary slips for 1 year signed and stamped by office
8. One page salary sheet for 1 year signed by office
9. Bank Statement (1 year) of approx. 1.2 million Rs. maitained for 1 year
10. HSMP approval letter (EC only)
11. Tax Return (HSMP only)

HEC validation may increase EC time. I did not submit any other certificates that some people mentioned in their postings like matric certificate etc. for EC
Last edited by waitingforec on Thu May 15, 2008 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Thu May 15, 2008 12:35 pm

Many congratulations waitingforec…..

Did you apply from Islamabad Visa Center?

You mean you didn't submit ITR for EC but submited in HSMP application to claim earning points? Should I also not submit ITR for EC?

Please comment…

Regards

khuram_noman

info

Post by khuram_noman » Thu May 15, 2008 12:44 pm

hi

congratulations man thats the good news (Y). can u plz tell me at what time the status is updated on the website? or at which time u check the status is updated coz me still waiting for my decision ..

waitingforec
Newly Registered

Post by waitingforec » Thu May 15, 2008 12:52 pm

Thanks Bhatti,
It was Islamabad center
Actually my HSMP was approved last year in June. My original Docs and approval letter (lost twice) were lost in mail. They issued me a duplicate copy of approval letter dated this year and third time i had to use the courier to get it. I was able to issue the duplicate copy of Master degree from Foreign University and took IELTS for EC
My current salary is higher than the last year salary and my Tax Return form for last year is showing much less salary so i relied on the salary slips
Last edited by waitingforec on Thu May 15, 2008 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

waitingforec
Newly Registered

Post by waitingforec » Thu May 15, 2008 12:59 pm

@khuram_noman
I checked the status last night it was not changed. I checked it again this mornig at 1100 am it was changed to "collect ur application 14 May 2008"

maidy

Post by maidy » Thu May 15, 2008 1:04 pm

Congrats Waitingforec! wish u all the best in U.K.

You didn't mentioned about any job offer/search and any initial accomodation letter in the list of docs provided by u. can u plz share if u were provided any ........

waitingforec
Newly Registered

Post by waitingforec » Thu May 15, 2008 1:09 pm

@maidy,
I did not provide any cover letter, job offer/search, accomodation letter in my EC application.

maidy

Post by maidy » Thu May 15, 2008 1:16 pm

@waitingforec

WOW :roll: Then ur getting visa is really a very big achievment.. Congrates again man...... u did really well............ I think there is not a single person yet seen on this forum who obtained visa without showing these.........

I can infer that a simple application supported only with necessary docs is more better than a bundle of docs......

Maidy

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Thu May 15, 2008 1:39 pm

Congerts WaitingForEC:)
this is kind of fresh Air from your side:) INSHALLAH other all waitig will also get their visa's soon....
i think 1.2 Million maintining since last one year is big plus in your case :)
yeah maidy you are right, he seems first person to get visa with out such docs :)
So waitingForEC when you are planing to leave now?

Regards
Kash

hoping_for_HSMP

Post by hoping_for_HSMP » Thu May 15, 2008 1:41 pm

just to reconfirm waitingforec

do you have, in your bank statement, more that 1 entry as SALARY in any given month? i have in a few months and i am worried a lot about this. my company does not want to make a letter to confirm that these are expense claims.

also, was your income tax return signed and stamped by your company?

man you are really being helpful... really appreciate this...

A

hoping_for_HSMP

Post by hoping_for_HSMP » Thu May 15, 2008 1:46 pm

another thing waitingforec

did you provide both your M.Sc and B.Sc degrees for HSMP? wouldn't just the M.Sc degree be enough???

cheers
A

waitingforec
Newly Registered

Post by waitingforec » Thu May 15, 2008 3:14 pm

@hoping_for_HSMP
As i said earlier to meet the requirements of English proficiency for HSMP either you need to attach IELTS report with score of 6+ or 4 years B.Sc. and Letter from University that your course was taught in English. Since I had not taken the IELTS at the time of applying HSMP so i used B.Sc. + letter from university. Master Degree + IELTS is enough for HSMP.

Yes it is true my bank statement has multiple entries of SALARY entries for a given month. Atleast there were three months each containing 2 entries of salary. As long as one of the Salary entry for a given month match with the pay slip you are fine otherwise you can make one pager salary sheet for 12 months and breakup the salary accordingly. i thing yoy need to provide the one page sheet for 12 months for HSMP signed by your office. I attached the photocopy of tax return signed by company and stamped (received stamp) by CBR + bank receipt for the remaining tax that i deposited to bank. Hope this will help
Last edited by waitingforec on Thu May 15, 2008 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waitingforec
Newly Registered

Post by waitingforec » Thu May 15, 2008 3:19 pm

@softlogic20
i will leave in 2 months time as i am going to start the job search now. Is there mandatory requirement to make an entry to UK within a certain period after the visa stamp?

Azfer

Post by Azfer » Thu May 15, 2008 4:29 pm

Congratulations waitingforec,

Can you please tell how much cash funds you showed in your bank statement and what proof you gave for that.

Regards,.......Azfer

waitingforec
Newly Registered

Post by waitingforec » Thu May 15, 2008 4:52 pm

Azfer
Bank statement of 1.2 million Rs. maintained for 1 year only

Azfer

Post by Azfer » Thu May 15, 2008 5:19 pm

Thanks for response. One more thing, any documents to prove the source of funds for partial or full transactions.

waitingforec
Newly Registered

Post by waitingforec » Thu May 15, 2008 6:11 pm

Azfer
The source of funds in many case was saving from salary that was accumulated over many years in a account which is also my salary account but i attached one year salary slips. one of my friend who got visa last year also attached the receipt for the car he owned

nabsha

Post by nabsha » Fri May 16, 2008 9:01 am

Congrats waitingforEC,

Really glad to hear your success story.

Best of luck with the job search (y) and one thing that I have figured out about job search is that recruitment agencies will be more responsive if you are in UK than in PK.

Indeed, rest all depends on ALLAH.

Regards,
Nabsha

Researcher
Newly Registered

EC

Post by Researcher » Fri May 16, 2008 11:46 am

Dear All,

I applied for EC from Islamaabd on 21st April

Verification Call 6th May
Visa Stamped 7th May
Passport Collected 12th May

Just a small suggestion that write down your joining date, CNIC on a paper and give it to your finance dept, as rest of the information is normally available to them.

Can some1 tell protecter stamp is compulsory? if yes then how can we get it from Isb

Best of Luck

waitingforec
Newly Registered

Post by waitingforec » Fri May 16, 2008 12:12 pm

Researcher,
Protector stamp is only required when you have work permit or H1B visa as it give you so called protection against the work you secured in the Foreign country . If your visa has Immigrant category then you do not need protector stamp. I have one friend with HSMP visa. He traveled to UK twice without any probelm and without any protector stamp.
If you go to protector office they will misguide you and try to make money. Anyway before you go to protector office (FIA) in Chandni Chowk Rawalpindi you need to convert your CNIC to NICOP card from NADRA that may take 2 weeks even with urgent fees but NICOP receipt will also work to apply for protector stamp.
I will again emphasized you that protector stamp is not required for HSMP
Last edited by waitingforec on Fri May 16, 2008 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Researcher
Newly Registered

Post by Researcher » Fri May 16, 2008 12:20 pm

@waitingforec

Thanks buddy for information. Yes i applied under HSMP scheme. I tried to get info about protector stamp and you are right the people are not clear themselves. It is just that sometimes immigration officers at our airports are not aware of the differences between work permit and HSMP etc as one of my friend went in feb and he had to argue about this stamp with officers at airport. Thanks anyways

I just saw someone asked about IT returns , cover letter and job search. I didnt submit IT retrun and any cover letter with application as its not required for EC. Yes i did submit some searched vacancies.

I will be more than happy to provide any information if some one wants to.