ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent. NDRS appointment tomorrow

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alter29
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Criminal conviction

Post by Alter29 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:23 pm

Hi everyone I have a question.
A while ago I was convicted but the case was deserted and I was left with no criminal convictions. I have a letter both from the court and my lawyer explaining why it was deserted and why I have no criminal convictions.

However I really need help. In my application for naturalisation in the criminality sections. How do I fill it. Do I simply leave this leave this blank and attach my letters from the court since I have no criminal records or should I write country of conviction, nature of offence and date from the court letter and attach the court letter as well. And bits of advice will be helpful. Thanks a lot

UK_Tier1

Re: Criminal conviction

Post by UK_Tier1 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:48 pm

I would check the records the courts and the National archives has on the case before deciding otherwise.

If there are no records, then simply answer No. The question is whether you have a criminal conviction or not.

Depending on what led to the trial, it may well be in your interest to declare it and provide all proof that no conviction was held against according to court records provided to you.

Also, for not so straight forward case, you may well go seek the advice of your lawyer or better still an immigration solicitor.

Alter29
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Criminal conviction

Post by Alter29 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:12 pm

Thanks a lot this info is actually really helpful 😀. Think I’ll start with with court on trying to get all the information they have on me and if there’s still gaps then immigration lawyer will be my next move.
Thanks again UK_tier1

Alter29
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Previous immigration applications

Post by Alter29 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:04 pm

Hi forum hope your all well.
I have a question regarding the online application for naturalisation. Where is asks “have you made any previous immigration application shall I tick yes because of an ILE application which was made by my mother while I was 15. She made this application to join her as her dependant obviously so basically she’s the one that made made the application or shall I tick no because the application wasn’t made my me as I was I child.
Kind regards.
Any replies will be helpful.

Alter29
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Previous immigration applications

Post by Alter29 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:31 pm

Anyone? 😔

Alter29
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

NCS APPOINTMENT ON FRIDAY

Post by Alter29 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:43 pm

I everyone I stuck with my naturalisation application and have my appointment for the NDRS this Friday. Please any quick response would be greatly as I need to get it sent off on Wednesday in time to get my biometrics done before my appointment.
So my problem is with the criminality section. I was taken to court both times and the cases were deserted meaning I have no criminal convictions. I dont remember my convictions as I was pyschotic at the time so am not sure what to put down as nature of offence. I applied to get my convictions from the Police database but haven’t had back and am running out of time 😔. However I have letters from the court and another from the lawyer stating the outcome of the conviction but they obviously dont say the nature. So my question is if I declared my convictions and left the nature of offence as unclear and simply sent the letters from the court and lawyer, would that be enough? Also what are they chances of getting naturalised. As both my cases happened in 2 yrs ago due to mental health. Am since then I’ve been making good progress with my doctors and haven’t been in any legal trouble.

Alter29
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Urgent. NDRS appointment tomorrow

Post by Alter29 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:58 pm

Please please please am in need of urgent help and have my appointment tomorrow.

Regarding my online application, on the criminality section I answered no to criminal convictions but at the end of the application where it says if I need to add any information that id like to be considered. I mentioned my incidences with the police and carried on to say although I was taken to court, all my offences were acquitted. My question is does this count as declaring them since they didn’t result in a criminal conviction or since I’ve already sent my application should I attach the list of my offences that I obtained through the PNC with my other documents that will be sent off tomorrow? Also does not saying yes to whether I have a criminal conviction count as deception?

Literally any advice will do. Am so scared I don’t know what to do. Thank you so much in advance. Hope someone or anyone can see this and shed some light.

Please

trilobite1981
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent. NDRS appointment tomorrow

Post by trilobite1981 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:17 pm

Calm down mate, I think you have done the correct thing. I believe you dont need to answer yes to criminal conviction as it was a deserted case but still you declaring it in the other section was a wise move.

If I were you I would send all the supporting documents along with a good covering letter related to the conviction case.

I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong.

Alter29
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent. NDRS appointment tomorrow

Post by Alter29 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:20 pm

Thanks man that’s a big help probably gonna add a cover letter