ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier-2 ICT Dependent to Tier-2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shwetasawant
Newly Registered
India

Switching from Tier-2 ICT Dependent to Tier-2 General

Post by shwetasawant » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:06 pm

Hi,

I am working in UK since July 2016 on Tier-2 ICT Longterm Visa valid until July 2019, my husband is on Tier-2 ICT Dependent Visa.

1. I want to know the process for my husband to switch from Tier-2 ICT Dependent to Tier-2 General?
I know that the legally sponsoring employer has to do the RLMT process and then hire him but can the RLMT process be done within UK? Can he search for a job and get COS within UK and then apply for Entry Clearance from India or he has to apply for the job from India only?

Britishhope
Mood:
India

Re: Switching from Tier-2 ICT Dependent to Tier-2 General

Post by Britishhope » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:03 pm

shwetasawant wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:06 pm
Hi,

I am working in UK since July 2016 on Tier-2 ICT Longterm Visa valid until July 2019, my husband is on Tier-2 ICT Dependent Visa.

1. I want to know the process for my husband to switch from Tier-2 ICT Dependent to Tier-2 General?
I know that the legally sponsoring employer has to do the RLMT process and then hire him but can the RLMT process be done within UK? Can he search for a job and get COS within UK and then apply for Entry Clearance from India or he has to apply for the job from India only?
For applying for VISA alone he need to go back to India.

Please find below steps which may help

1. Employer have to do RLMT and prove that your husband is the only choice left
2. They need to apply for Cos showing the RLMT proof and your husband's other details
3. Once Cos is approved he need to fly back to India and apply for the Visa and come back

shwetasawant
Newly Registered
India

Re: Switching from Tier-2 ICT Dependent to Tier-2 General

Post by shwetasawant » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:06 pm

That was really helpful. Thank you for quick response.