ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All EC applicants from Pakistan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Fri May 16, 2008 1:18 pm

Dear Researcher

Congratulations for getting visa. 2 success story from Islamabad in this month… very nice.

Well researcher can you please share the list of all documents you have sent for EC.

Regards

hoping_for_HSMP

Post by hoping_for_HSMP » Fri May 16, 2008 2:00 pm

thanks a lot waitingforec

i may be running into a bit of a problem now. my employer is refusing to give me a letter which states how much was paid to me during the period claimed. the hsmp guide and form says that i have to provide tax return + payslips. if i dont have tax return that covers the entire duration, then i can provide bank statement OR letter from employer. i have a feeling i can go ahead and apply without letter from employer.

does anyone else have a similar experience where they applied without a letter from employer.

what do you all think.

Thanks.

A

caling97

Post by caling97 » Fri May 16, 2008 7:19 pm

Hi Researcher,

Congratulations!

I have a doubt about the maintaince fund.

Is it obligatory to have a minimum of 2800 GBP in my bank account for the whole three month period?

For example, the last three month is May to July, and it will be refused if i have 1200 GBP in May and 2800 GBP in July?

Thank you very much!

Best regards

Researcher wrote:@waitingforec

Thanks buddy for information. Yes i applied under HSMP scheme. I tried to get info about protector stamp and you are right the people are not clear themselves. It is just that sometimes immigration officers at our airports are not aware of the differences between work permit and HSMP etc as one of my friend went in feb and he had to argue about this stamp with officers at airport. Thanks anyways

I just saw someone asked about IT returns , cover letter and job search. I didnt submit IT retrun and any cover letter with application as its not required for EC. Yes i did submit some searched vacancies.

I will be more than happy to provide any information if some one wants to.

Researcher
Newly Registered

Post by Researcher » Fri May 16, 2008 9:20 pm

@ bhatti_pk

Thanks buddy. I am sure you all will get it soon InshAllah. I submitted following docs

1. Academic Degrees and Certificates
2. Salary Slips ( 3months)
3. Earning Certificate from finance dept claiming my gross saalry,tax deduction and net salary.
4. experience certificate from my boss on company's letterhead
5. Bank statement 6 months ( 9.5 Lakh) here i would mention this thing that i didnt provide any deed of gift from parents or any other proof.
6. Bid of my Car
7. Some Vacancies that i searched related to the experience i had shown in experience letter
8. Affadavit that i want to make UK my permanent home ( not compulsory)
9. TB Screening certificate

Please feel free to ask if further info is required

Researcher
Newly Registered

Post by Researcher » Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 pm

@ caling97

Thanks. I applied under old scheme. But as per my knowledge from the new guidance sheet, if you are applying on August 1st, then you must have 2800 Pounds available from 1st of may till 31st july. I would suggest that its better to wait for one more month if you have to fulfillthis condition as they are heavily emphasizing on maintenance funds and IELTS 6.5 score band as eventually these are the only changes in new system

shah175

Post by shah175 » Fri May 16, 2008 9:59 pm

Dear Researcher

I have applied HSMP on 7th of April, so if I get approval (Inshallah) in july then definitely i ll apply EC in August, so i have confusion abt IELTS 6.5 `coz mine is 6. I think in EC they dont ask for IELTS as one is already cleared with approval letter. yes Maintenance fund will count. Can u please tell me what would be the maintenance fund for three dependants??

Regards,

Shahid Ali

caling97

Post by caling97 » Sat May 17, 2008 12:37 am

Hi Researcher,

Thank you very much for your reply!

If when i apply for ec, the hsmp still hasn't been closed. May i follow the old requirements?

What's the old ones you have followed? do i only need to show 2800GBP in my account by the time i apply for ec?

Thank you very much!

Best regards
Researcher wrote:@ caling97

Thanks. I applied under old scheme. But as per my knowledge from the new guidance sheet, if you are applying on August 1st, then you must have 2800 Pounds available from 1st of may till 31st july. I would suggest that its better to wait for one more month if you have to fulfillthis condition as they are heavily emphasizing on maintenance funds and IELTS 6.5 score band as eventually these are the only changes in new system

Researcher
Newly Registered

Post by Researcher » Sat May 17, 2008 7:19 am

@caling97

New HSMP Rules will be applied in June 2008. So if you apply before that then definietly old rules will be applied and there is no requirement for maintenance fund in old scheme.

As far as showing amount for EC is concerned, its better to show as much as possible. I showed approximately 1million and offcourse not at my own. I did take help from family members and EC officer doesnt mind that i guess.i even didnt provide any deed of gift from my father. However it is better to desposit money in few transactions rather than showing onebulk amount of 500000 etc. as in such cases they seek evidence. and if you have any property such as car then you can submit a bid from any car dealer showing worth of your car.

Researcher
Newly Registered

Post by Researcher » Sat May 17, 2008 7:25 am

@shah175

Dear Friend,

If you have applied on 7th of April,then you dont have toworry about any new rules including IELTS. IELTS band 6 is enough even for EC as you are right your HSMP Approval letter will be a proof that you have fulfilled IELTS requirement. 6.5 is a requirement only if you apply for HSMP in June afterwards

Even that maintenance rule of2800 will not be applicable aswell. However it is still good to be on safer side if you can follow it. My friend got HSMP and EC in Feb and he showed 7.5 lakh for 2 dependents. So for three i yhink 8.5 will be more than enough.

hum786

Entry clearance - pakistan

Post by hum786 » Sat May 17, 2008 1:47 pm

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. I have been reading your reviews with regards to your entry clearances. It's worrying when i hear about the waiting time for an entry clearance. Why does the UKVACPK.COM website say that all visas are being processed within 5 working days. Originally, it's taking upto 6 weeks.

hum786

Post by hum786 » Sat May 17, 2008 1:54 pm

Hi Researcher

How long did it take to process your application. Where did you submit it from.

caling97

Post by caling97 » Sat May 17, 2008 6:26 pm

Hi Researcher,

Thank you very much! you are really a big help!

Wish you all the best!

Best regards

Researcher wrote:@caling97

New HSMP Rules will be applied in June 2008. So if you apply before that then definietly old rules will be applied and there is no requirement for maintenance fund in old scheme.

As far as showing amount for EC is concerned, its better to show as much as possible. I showed approximately 1million and offcourse not at my own. I did take help from family members and EC officer doesnt mind that i guess.i even didnt provide any deed of gift from my father. However it is better to desposit money in few transactions rather than showing onebulk amount of 500000 etc. as in such cases they seek evidence. and if you have any property such as car then you can submit a bid from any car dealer showing worth of your car.

hum786

Post by hum786 » Sat May 17, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi Calling97

when did you put your application through. Any idea how long its taking nowadays.

caling97

Post by caling97 » Sat May 17, 2008 8:11 pm

Hi hum786,

I've just submited my hsmp application on May 12th, i suppose it will be processed by the end of July or beginning of August.

I'm now crossing my fingers waiting for the result, hehe :-)
hum786 wrote:Hi Calling97

when did you put your application through. Any idea how long its taking nowadays.

waitingforec
Newly Registered

Post by waitingforec » Sun May 18, 2008 4:04 am

@hum786,
The EC processing takes from 3 - 6 weeks these days. In my case it took exactly 30 days to get EC from Islamabad. 5 working day time is for those cases where no verification is required. All HSMP applications go through verification process that may invovle your bank, employer, HEC etc.

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Sun May 18, 2008 11:24 am

hi WaitingForEC and Hum786,
BHC Islamabad recently updated their Processing tme for UK Visas.
Form 15th of may processing time will be 15 working days for non setlament visas and for setlement visa's it can take upto 60 working days.
i think HSMP visa's come under non setlemnet visa. (plz correct me if i am wrong)

Reference :
http://www.britishhighcommission.gov.uk ... 9225170318

previously BHC was claiming to process Visa's in 5 working days and in actual they were taking around 20 working days. i am afraid now time will increase as they are claiming to process in 15 working days in web .

any Update from the memebrs who's gone through by verification process ? i am still waiting for verification ..... i applied on 12th of May

Regards,
Kash

hum786

Post by hum786 » Sun May 18, 2008 1:57 pm

Hi caling97, waitingforec & Kash,

Thanks to you all for responding to my enquiry. V Helpful. Its ben over 6weeks since i've put my application through and i had no response as yet.

I can't even check with my employer if they've received a verification call because i believe they wouldn't tell me as the enquiry is between BHC and them.

My hubby calls UK Visas every 2 days and they just say call back in 2days.

My neighbours had their EC 2 weeks ago and they say to me to call BHC to check. I dont want to do this as i don't want to cause a hassell (you know what i mean).

Please advise!!!!!!

Regards
xxxxxx

hum786

Post by hum786 » Sun May 18, 2008 2:01 pm

Hi All,

one more question. Does it depend where you apply from. I heard if you apply form Islamabad your visas processed faster than Lahore, Karachi etc....

How often do BHC arrange passports to be delivered. I beleive the Courier delivers when their is a batch of passport for a speceific area.

waitingforec
Newly Registered

Post by waitingforec » Sun May 18, 2008 6:20 pm

@hum786
Another factor for the delayed processing may be the verification call receive in your in office. for example if BHC call your office and your HR or Admin person is not at seat at that time. You never know when BHC call next time. It may be a week time or more. Bank verifcation may also take time if bank phone numbers are busy most of the time

hum786

Post by hum786 » Sun May 18, 2008 6:53 pm

Thanks for the reply waitingforec

when did u submit your application and where from.

Researcher
Newly Registered

Post by Researcher » Sun May 18, 2008 9:10 pm

@hum786

My Whole process for EC took 22 Days. BHC now takes atleast 15 working days for whole process.

Normally they call your employer on 10th-12th working day after your submission date. But there can be delay if either your degrees need further verification or as waitingforec mentioned that if your employer missed verification call from BHC then they will call after a week.

It sof no use to call BHC as they will never tell you anything. However you may check indrectly from your employer just to check that whether there was any call or not or even bank can be a good source.

However i know one friend who got his EC after 7 Weeks. Delay doesn't mean that its something negative

Researcher
Newly Registered

Post by Researcher » Sun May 18, 2008 9:14 pm

@hum786,

It doesnt make any difference if you are filing it from Lhr or ISB. As per my analysis, BHC sends all passports back on friday to Gerry's and then from Monday onwards you may collect passport from Gerry's office.

Another issue is that Gerry's people dont change your status immediately. i was expecting that my passport will be delivered on wednesday one week after verification call, but on monday i just checked on telephone and they told me to come and collect your passort. thought internet status was same .

So its better to call gerry's rather than BHC or checking online

hum786

Post by hum786 » Sun May 18, 2008 9:55 pm

Thanks Researcher,

You've made me feel better now. I'm gonna check with me employer and see if they aren't holding this up.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Mon May 19, 2008 10:25 am

@Researcher

Thanks for sharing the docs.

Researcher why didn’t you submit ITR, claimed period salary slips and accommodation offer/hotel booking.

Is that documents are optional? Please comment, because I observed that most of the applicant didn’t submit the ITR like JD, researcher, waitingforEC.

Regards

Researcher wrote:@ bhatti_pk

Thanks buddy. I am sure you all will get it soon InshAllah. I submitted following docs

1. Academic Degrees and Certificates
2. Salary Slips ( 3months)
3. Earning Certificate from finance dept claiming my gross saalry,tax deduction and net salary.
4. experience certificate from my boss on company's letterhead
5. Bank statement 6 months ( 9.5 Lakh) here i would mention this thing that i didnt provide any deed of gift from parents or any other proof.
6. Bid of my Car
7. Some Vacancies that i searched related to the experience i had shown in experience letter
8. Affadavit that i want to make UK my permanent home ( not compulsory)
9. TB Screening certificate

Please feel free to ask if further info is required

hoping_for_HSMP

HSMP documents checklist

Post by hoping_for_HSMP » Mon May 19, 2008 11:00 am

hello folks...

first of all... the reason why i am posting this here is because i know all of you got HSMP approvals and therefore you are applying for EC... so you are the successful ppl and therefore i want your advice....

below is my list for HSMP application that i will be making next week.

1. MSc degree
2. Tax return endorsed by CBR only. Not by employer. they will not do it.
3. 12 month payslips endorsed by employer
4. bank statement
5. letter from employer stating my salary for the last 12 months
6. original driving lic for age
7. IELTS certificate.

thats it... comments please... do i need something more... i dont think so... i do not want to apply with un-neccesary documents... PLEASE ADVISE...

thanks again

A