ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self-employed or not?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier1Dependant_chennai
Newly Registered

Self-employed or not?

Post by Tier1Dependant_chennai » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:14 am

Hi moderators/seniors/all,

I have entered to UK on Tier 1 general dependant and granted ILR on 2012. I'm a director of my limited company, 50% share holder and pay my salary thru PAYE, withdraw dividend as well.

I have made BC application last month mentioning my occupation as "Director of a LTD company". And in the type of employment checked these 3 "An employee and Self-employed and A director".

In the supporting documents, asked to provide
"most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return as proof of self-employment"

I have provided SA302, SA100(tax return) and SA102(tax return - employment), SA110(Tax calculation summary).

My question is...checking 'self-employed' in the type of employment would cause any issue? because working for your own LTD company doesn't looks to be self-employed, please advise.
Is it possibe to let Homeoffice know that I'm not self-employed?

Many thanks & Kind regards

vilebratt
BANNED
Cape Verde

Re: Self-employed or not?

Post by vilebratt » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:34 am

Tier1Dependant_chennai wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:14 am
Hi moderators/seniors/all,

I have entered to UK on Tier 1 general dependant and granted ILR on 2012. I'm a director of my limited company, 50% share holder and pay my salary thru PAYE, withdraw dividend as well.

I have made BC application last month mentioning my occupation as "Director of a LTD company". And in the type of employment checked these 3 "An employee and Self-employed and A director".

In the supporting documents, asked to provide
"most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return as proof of self-employment"

I have provided SA302, SA100(tax return) and SA102(tax return - employment), SA110(Tax calculation summary).

My question is...checking 'self-employed' in the type of employment would cause any issue? because working for your own LTD company doesn't looks to be self-employed, please advise.
Is it possibe to let Homeoffice know that I'm not self-employed?

Many thanks & Kind regards

What is the point in this query now??? You have provided them with 4 supporting documents. If there is any issue they will let you know soon enough. The case worker will decide if you fall under the self employed category. Its too late to change your status one month after application.

Plzilr

Post by Plzilr » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:12 pm

Hi

Did they wrote you to provide those documents or you provided by yourself. As i am in similar position as you are but i didn't provide anything as i sent application through NCS and the lady in council never asked me for any documents to send...

Tier1Dependant_chennai
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1Dependant_chennai » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:27 pm

Thanks Vilebratt.

@plzilr -No they didn't ask any documents

Plzilr

Post by Plzilr » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:38 pm

Tier1Dependant_chennai wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:27 pm
Thanks Vilebratt.

@plzilr -No they didn't ask any documents
how did you sent your application through NCS?