ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PAP Application help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

supadupa

Refusal for unpaid fees

Post by supadupa » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:41 pm

Hi again,
I applied for ilr after 6 years dl (my first dl was granted in may 2009)
I have just received a refusal letter for unpaid fees, although the initial payment of £2297 on 16/03/2018.
I have also paid £500 ihs .

Can anyone shed some light on what fees are they talking about?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Refusal for unpaid fees

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:10 pm

How did you pay your fees ?? ILR has no requirement to pay IHS at all. Why did you pay IHS ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:35 pm

Hello zimba,
I paid the ilr fees by bank card, the HO took the money on 16/03/2018, its clearly stated on my bank statement.
Then on the 5th of August i received a letter about unpaid fees (ihs link was provided so i assumed i had to pay it).
Today i received this refusal letter, with all my documents back except of my passport.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:02 pm

I need more information. If they asked you to pay IHS, maybe they wanted to grant you further leave under DL instead of ILR.
Was there anything that could have affected your eligibility for ILR e.g criminal history ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:44 pm

There was absolutely no reason for them to go down the further dl route.
My circumstances haven't changed since i first got my DL.
Same partner and same address, no tax problems or any other problems for that matter.
I genuinely think it was mistake on their part, as they dubbed my application as invalid due to failure to make payment, when in fact the payment has been made well within the deadlines.
I have sent the case worker a letter joined by a bank statement showing the ho taking the full payment of £2297.
Oh and they refunded the ihs in full yesterday.

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:08 am

Zimba wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:02 pm
I need more information. If they asked you to pay IHS, maybe they wanted to grant you further leave under DL instead of ILR.
Was there anything that could have affected your eligibility for ILR e.g criminal history ?

1st letter is the refusal
2nd letter is the one i received on the 5th of August, which i thought was ihs payment request.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:28 am

It seems that they did not manage to get the payment processed and asked you to pay again. This could have been an error on their side. You should have investigated this with your bank to ensure that UKVI indeed got the money.

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:36 am

Hi Zimba,
Zimba wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:28 am
It seems that they did not manage to get the payment processed and asked you to pay again. This could have been an error on their side. You should have investigated this with your bank to ensure that UKVI indeed got the money.
I have investigated with my bank and they confirmed that the payment was processed and received by the ho.
It is clearly an error within the ilr processing department.
I will wait for the case worker reply to my letter and evidence of payment, then i will go to my mp.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:44 am

Case workers do not reply and MPs are not helpful. In my opinion a PAP and JR might be the right option here

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:00 am

How do i start a pap?

bluebird12
Pakistan

Post by bluebird12 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:49 am

What date your existing LTR expiring ? Might be it is worth able to apply again paying correct fees before your existing Leave to Remain expire, provided your got money to pay them again , you will get refund of previously deducted money , if any ?

You have to explain in covering letter full details everything, send all refusal letters etc with application? Or might go for PSC appointment if possible.

PAP might be longer route and costly as well ?

bluebird12
Pakistan

Post by bluebird12 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:00 am

UKVI kept your passport which is indication if your existing LTR has expired than you will become overstayers .

Have you checked your bank account balance they might have paid back fees into your bank for any reason ?

Your LTR expiry date ?

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:30 am

Hi bluebird,

My dl expired in april.
The money has not been refunded and its clear on my bank statement that the ho took a payment of £2297

bluebird12
Pakistan

Post by bluebird12 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:28 am

In these circumstances, you need to see urgently a good immigration solicitor/barrister who can apply Judicial Review for you, you have good case to argue in court..

UKVI also deport overstayers very quickly....

supadupa

PAP Application help

Post by supadupa » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:30 pm

Hello everyone,

I need to apply for pap as suggested in this thread
indefinite-leave-to-remain/refusal-for- ... 62648.html

However, i can't afford to pay for a solicitor as i have just resigned from my job due to the refusal of my ilr application.

I had a look at the. Gov website and the pap letters template looked ok but I'm struggling to grasp the process.
So can someone break the process down for me please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PAP Application help

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:31 pm

What application form did you complete for your ILR??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

supadupa

Re: PAP Application help

Post by supadupa » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:06 pm

SET O
I phoned the ho and i was told that this has happened because i didn't receive a payment confirmation email.
Yet the payment has been taken in full.
They told me to Email : applyonlinee-support@homeoffice.gov.uk and explain the situation and that i should get an answer within 24h.
It has been over 72h and still no reply.