ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No update @ HO

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zombie1979
Newly Registered

Post by zombie1979 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:02 am

AxA,
Breaking the team into two groups does not still answer why the group handling the June-Oct applicants is not at all progressing with the date.
By the way,doesn't this go against the very British way of frowning upon someone breaking a queue :-)

I have got a reply to my query which is more of an automated reply.The details for it can be found on this thread : http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=3086

This is my mail:
The current processing date for HSMP on the HO website has not changed from
20 December 2004 (i.e June 07 2004) though a lot of applicants from
Dec 04 to Feb 05
time frame are getting their applications processed(without even
having a job offer,they dont even appeal for urgent treatment)

Can you please clarify why these out-of-turn applications are processed and
what will be the status of my HSMP assessment as lot of my career /
life decisions
are based on HSMP timelines published?

The whole application progress seems very random and untransparent now

I have been waiting anxiously for my results and I have spent months
of planning based on my application being processed.

Hoping to hear from you.

Thanks and Warm Regards,

---
HSMP response:

Thank you for your e-mail dated 22nd February, 2005.

In an attempt to reduce with the ever increasing backlog, new procedures
were introduced in January of this year. However, we are still experiencing
considerable delays and the information given on the website is fairly
accurate.

You may, however, make a request for the HSMP Team to process your
application urgently. To do this you must fax the HSMP Team on 0114 259
3827, giving them details of why you are requesting urgent treatment, and
Kind regards,

John Lindley
Work Permits (UK)
Customer Care Team

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:45 pm

June 10> not much, but at least better than no change at all.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, BUT UNBOWED

INVICTUS ; William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903

Crossover12
Newly Registered

Post by Crossover12 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:50 am

Hi,
At last the processing date seems to have started moving. We all hope that HO has finished off all the back log and has started to move ahead with the June applications.
HO had got stuck up at June 7th since 20th Dec. 2004 and has updated it to 10th June on 21st Feb 05.... 2 full months (8 weeks)
My file no is 210** received on 22nd June.
@ this rate.....
I hope to make the CROSSOVER soon.

sergio39

Post by sergio39 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:28 am

Crossover12 wrote:.
HO had got stuck up at June 7th since 20th Dec. 2004 and has updated it to 10th June on 21st Feb 05.... 2 full months (8 weeks)
7 june again

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:30 pm

there is somethin wrong with the website, cuase the update they are giving is for the 20th of December 2004, hopefully they will sort it soon

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:55 pm

No update today (7/03/05) - whats going on????
Where there is a will there is a way.

Crossover12
Newly Registered

Post by Crossover12 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:53 am

Hi Chess,
Now I feel that this forum itself can be used for the online update.
The case of Paul from SA whose application has been received at HO on 18th June and having received his approval is proof of the fact that the files are moving for the June applicants. :roll:
Waiting eagerly for the Cross over.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:11 am

zombie1979 wrote: I have got a reply to my query which is more of an automated reply.

John Lindley
Work Permits (UK)
Customer Care Team
Has anyone got an e-mail or phone resposnse from HO recently???

I think they should *really* put their house in order in the run up to the increased Charging regime

At the moment their services do not offer value for money :(
Where there is a will there is a way.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:35 pm

Finally they updated the site to June 16, maybe things are beginning to move, hopefully they will continue to move. at the same time we have someone (Paul) who has already recieved his application which went on the 18th of June

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:46 pm

well i really dont know whether to rejoice about this new date as it might well go back to 10th june from recent experiences :?
"A friend is one who comes in after the rest of the world has gone out"
- Bradley Tyler

Crossover12
Newly Registered

Post by Crossover12 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:20 am

f2k, lightpace, chess
Looking at the board, and also the HO site, we should not be surprised when on a particular day we find the HO processing files of Feb. 09th and the message on the HO site reading as
Customers should allow up to 4 weeks from the date of application
And looking at the pace at which they are clearing the files from Aug., and the new charges coming in place soon, one can only hope that the back log is cleared before 31st March (and the trend at the HO seems to be max. rejections and fewer approvals).
All the best.

gunjans

Post by gunjans » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:50 am

In the same light, i don't think 16th June is the exact figue..... 'coz we can find ppl getting response even from Aug and Oct recently.

aromated

Post by aromated » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:33 am

Dear Friends,
One ray of hope is that Home Office must have gone through urgent cases lying between June to Nov. and either they have turned or will be turning very shortly towards ordinary cases. It is not possible that they are sitting idle, but the rat race of urgent treatment has derailed the whole process and we do hope that it will be on its natural path very soon. I really appreciate the patience shown by each member on this forum. Once again good luck to all of you.

Aromated

zombie1979
Newly Registered

Post by zombie1979 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:08 am

There is no update on the website again.I think this June 16 will be a date which will "stick" at least as late as the 10 June date.

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:48 pm

zombie,
dont forget we gave up long ago trying to analyse the working of the hsmp queue. just prepare your mind each time for whatever you see on the HO website.. that makes it real less stressful.
"A friend is one who comes in after the rest of the world has gone out"
- Bradley Tyler

zombie1979
Newly Registered

Post by zombie1979 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:17 am

Thanks for the advice lightpace.

I'm just dissed(excuse my language) about the fact that suppose my application runs into complications(realistic),or is rejected(downright pessimisn).I would have to go through the whole hassle all over again.I would have to try to get in touch with HO desperately,wait till I get a decision from them etc.

I am supposed to be a Highly Skilled To-be Migrant who will be giving up my life as I know it and move (baggage and all) to a new country to a new life.I would like to plan accordingly for such a (small???) move.I dont want to start a flame war in which people will tell me that I have an option not to move.All I'm saying is the whole process can be better and much less painful for applicants.

A simple thing instead of putting dates of applications on the website,they can put what reference number had last been processed.That would lend a lot more clarity to the situation.Even a web based form in which a person can enter their date of birth and application reference number and as output you would get what state of the application your reference is in.This would also cut down on phone queries and people with doubts outside this purview can call up the helpline and get their answers promptly.

Also would writing to the various media(newspapers,BBC etc) about new applicants getting their apps processed in record time whereas some people are anxiously awaiting for their apps to be processed be helpful or counter productive?Your views would mean a lot to me.

Thanks and regards,
Zombie