ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Email from Sheffield

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mangaworms
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Delay in receiving visa's answer

Post by mangaworms » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:04 pm

I applied for the Tier 2 General Visa in Istanbul on the 7th of August using the Priority service. The home office received my documents on the 8th of August 2018. Until now I have not heard anything from them. I contacted the UKVI and they said that the decision has already been made and now TlsContact in Istanbul (application center) will contact me regarding the passport collection but I have not heard anything. I went to the application center but they said it is not ready yet. Any idea about what I should do or any experience with this amount of waiting time?

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Delay in receiving visa's answer

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:55 pm

From the forum here seems that quite a lot of applicants have priority service but not "priority" at all.... Not much you can do unfortunately.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

mangaworms
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

BRP arrived before the visa!

Post by mangaworms » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:47 am

I was notified from the collection ponit of my biometrics card delivery that they have received my card, but I am still waiting for my visa !!! What does that mean? Does it mean that here we have some lazy a*s*s at the visa center?!

mangaworms
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: BRP arrived before the visa!

Post by mangaworms » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:15 pm

What does it mean that the Biometrics card has arrived in the UK, ready to be collected, but I have not received my passport and visa yet??

mangaworms
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Email from Sheffield

Post by mangaworms » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:01 pm

I received the following email from Sheffield after asking UKVI that why I haven't received my passport after 25 working days:

"Thank you for your enquiry and please accept my apology for the delay in responding. As you have told us in your email that you are aware that a decision has been made however there has been no response from our side. I would like to confirm you will be contacted shortly from the Visa Application Centre (VAC) when your passport/ supporting documents are ready to be collected. We appreciate your patience and understanding"

Anyone has received something like this before? How many days you all think it might take until they give my passport back?

psp84
Newly Registered
India

Re: Email from Sheffield

Post by psp84 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:14 pm

Hi, I got a similar mail from Sheffield on September 6th and was very excited about it for a few days. But I have not received the passport yet. We are pretty much on the same boat I think.

mangaworms
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mangaworms » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:34 pm

When was your application date? And from where?
psp84 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:14 pm
Hi, I got a similar mail from Sheffield on September 6th and was very excited about it for a few days. But I have not received the passport yet. We are pretty much on the same boat I think.

psp84
Newly Registered
India

Post by psp84 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:33 pm

mangaworms wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:34 pm
psp84 wrote:
Tier 2 general, priority application, August 14th, India

mangaworms
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mangaworms » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:37 am

Did you get any updates since then?
psp84 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:33 pm
mangaworms wrote:
psp84 wrote:

psp84
Newly Registered
India

Post by psp84 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:33 pm

mangaworms wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:37 am
Did you get any updates since then?
psp84 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:33 pm
mangaworms wrote:
psp84 wrote:
Hi, I just got a message now that my passport has been despatched. I don't know what the decision is, but it is finally getting to me.