ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

residency after divorce

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bangash
Newly Registered

residency after divorce

Post by bangash » Fri May 16, 2008 4:52 pm

hi
i need some help with my satuation,i am a non EEA family member of an EEA member living here in UK,we are almost being married for 3 years,but the things are getting hard so we getting divorce,
i need to ask,will i will be able to continue my residency in UK or i have to go back to my country, and if i can contnue, do i need to prove something, or do ihave to contact the immigration people after divorce,

2nd question is that when i can apply for my permanent residency,i came here on student visa in dec 2005 and got married in april 2007,
as the rule state that u must be living in the country for 5 years does this also include my year being a student or it start from the time i got married.
i be thankfull if someone help me with this issue

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri May 16, 2008 4:57 pm

u need to have been together as married man and wife for three years - one of which must be in UK.

Student time doesn't count.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....