ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET LR questions regarding the application form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abrs8
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR SET LR questions regarding the application form

Post by abrs8 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:56 pm

Hi everyone,
I’m applying for an ILR set (LR) and had a few questions regarding the LR application form.

1. Payment page - I’m applying in person and when I made the appointment they took the £2999 immediately, do I still need to fill in the payment details at the beginning of the LR form?
2. Relationship - It mentions I need to state if my partner is UK Citizen or SETTLED. My partner is an EU national who’s been living and working in the UK but not technically settled. Do I mention this or not? we’ve been living together for the past two years.
3. Section D13 on the form where it asks for social and family ties does that include UK (“any other country you’ve lived more than 5 years”) I'm really only in touch regularly with my parents. do I need to list extended family/friends I'm only in touch with via social media etc?
4. Section E14, this seems to be the exact same question as D13? or is there a difference I’m missing?

Thank you for your help!

YouKTier
United Kingdom

Re: ILR SET LR questions regarding the application form

Post by YouKTier » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:09 am

abrs8 wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:56 pm
Hi everyone,
I’m applying for an ILR set (LR) and had a few questions regarding the LR application form.

1. Payment page - I’m applying in person and when I made the appointment they took the £2999 immediately, do I still need to fill in the payment details at the beginning of the LR form?
2. Relationship - It mentions I need to state if my partner is UK Citizen or SETTLED. My partner is an EU national who’s been living and working in the UK but not technically settled. Do I mention this or not? we’ve been living together for the past two years.
3. Section D13 on the form where it asks for social and family ties does that include UK (“any other country you’ve lived more than 5 years”) I'm really only in touch regularly with my parents. do I need to list extended family/friends I'm only in touch with via social media etc?
4. Section E14, this seems to be the exact same question as D13? or is there a difference I’m missing?

Thank you for your help!

Hi,
1. You can leave it blank
Rest am not too sure so we will wait for other responses.

abrs8
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abrs8 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:42 am

YouKTier wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:09 am
Hi,
1. You can leave it blank
Rest am not too sure so we will wait for other responses.

Thank you!

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:20 am

ur doing online form or paper form..

abrs8
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abrs8 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:38 am

heyaheya wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:20 am
ur doing online form or paper form..
Paper - I already booked an appointment so can't do the online form anymore as it'll ask me to pay again!

abrs8
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abrs8 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:20 am

Anyone? got an appointment next week so really appreciate some feedback. Getting really nervous now :S

YouKTier
United Kingdom

Post by YouKTier » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:26 pm

abrs8 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:20 am
Anyone? got an appointment next week so really appreciate some feedback. Getting really nervous now :S
Found this post hope it helps regarding D13 and E14:
indefinite-leave-to-remain/question-abo ... 99337.html

anonymouspen
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by anonymouspen » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:52 pm

1. I left that blank and slotted in the "Payment successful" sheet.
2. Is this B12? If your partner is neither then just leave it blank.
3. I had two additional countries which fitted those definitions - in relation to family, I noted that my parents resided in one of the countries.
4. I completed both sections with same information.

abrs8
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abrs8 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:32 pm

anonymouspen wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:52 pm
3. I had two additional countries which fitted those definitions - in relation to family, I noted that my parents resided in one of the countries.
4. I completed both sections with the same information.
thank you very much for taking the time!
with regards to D13/E14, did you not mention anything about the UK then? Pretty much the only reason I ever go to the country of my birth is to visit my parents. Even my siblings don't live there anymore. So if I just mention my parents will that be sufficient?

Another question, did you fill in D20? the beginning of the application it says you have to fill in the box at the end of section 3.2 to state all reasons to stay in the UK but such box doesn't exist! I'm assuming D20 is what they meant by it. And if so what sort of things did you put in there (of course if you don't mind sharing. I understand it might be private matters)

One of the major reasons I don't want to live in my country of origin is because of its overtly religious society which, as an atheist, comes with many problems for me. I'm not sure if I should mention that as I'm worried if a person of that religion is reviewing my application (which is very likely in Croydon) they might take offence and try to make my life harder (I know I'm almost 100% being paranoid for no reason, but this application is quite serious so I have to consider all outcomes)

anonymouspen
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by anonymouspen » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:40 pm

abrs8 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:32 pm
anonymouspen wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:52 pm
4. I completed both sections with the same information.
thank you very much for taking the time!
with regards to D13/E14, did you not mention anything about the UK then? Pretty much the only reason I ever go to the country of my birth is to visit my parents. Even my siblings don't live there anymore. So if I just mention my parents will that be sufficient? I didn't mention the UK in this section and it didn't cause any issues, but you could just write "See D20 below" maybe for completeness.

Another question, did you fill in D20? the beginning of the application it says you have to fill in the box at the end of section 3.2 to state all reasons to stay in the UK but such box doesn't exist! I'm assuming D20 is what they meant by it. And if so what sort of things did you put in there (of course if you don't mind sharing. I understand it might be private matters) I did fill that in, and I would recommend that you read the guidance document if you haven't already read it yet (in particular pp30-31) in relation to the factors for "Age" and "Strength of connections in the UK". That's what I used to complete section D20 (https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -residence)

One of the major reasons I don't want to live in my country of origin is because of its overtly religious society which, as an atheist, comes with many problems for me. I'm not sure if I should mention that as I'm worried if a person of that religion is reviewing my application (which is very likely in Croydon) they might take offence and try to make my life harder (I know I'm almost 100% being paranoid for no reason, but this application is quite serious so I have to consider all outcomes)