ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In laws

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Darthanakin
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

In laws

Post by Darthanakin » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:29 pm

Hiya ladies and gents
I am from England, currently living in USA (wife is from here) even though it's getting close to deadline, myself and wife are moving to Ireland in December, I will be using my treaty rights to attempt this.

She has lived with her parents for 10 years and I have been with them for 3 of those, we support them financially and have about 2 years of bank transfers and other various bills we pay, her mom is registered disabled and her dad is 69 and retired (no savings).

Am I correct in thinking I saw on the directive that same household family members can move or does that tie in with the whole dependency article?

Thanks in advance

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: In laws

Post by Mal111 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:06 pm

By march 2019 england will no longer be a part of Eu so ur kinda taking a dip in a pool of uncertainty even if england manage to cut a deal with eu most likely it will be relax rules for british citizens and maybe and thats a big maybe they will make new arrangements for their non eu family members ie ur spouse i dont see any chance for the in laws currently even under the full protection of eu directives irish immigration makes it near to impossible for inlaws to get reaidence card see other post here.
Also Their is a possibility of no deal in that case even u will be needin a visa of some sort let alone spouse and in laws so i think u should wait till march and see how england depart Eu or take the risk
Im not trying to discourage u im just pointing the obstacles ahead as ur moving ur life from states to ireland and it aint easy

Darthanakin
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: In laws

Post by Darthanakin » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:43 pm

Thanks for the reply mal
Trust me I'm very aware of the risks involved, I took alot of risks and made alot of sacrifices and heartbreaking decisions to immigrate to the USA from England and after all that risks don't phase me anymore.

If worst comes to worst we can try it and always move back to the states.

I just need a bit of help with the wording of the treaty rights.

I did read alot of people's in law immigration problems and it seems alot were not living under the same roof as we all are and alot have lived in Ireland and them applied for family, we have all made the decision to travel together all get our 90 day stamps and take it from there, it may work it may not but the way we feel it's worth a shot