ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration agency busted

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adeelmpk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Immigration agency busted

Post by adeelmpk » Fri May 16, 2008 5:22 pm

Hi all,

I applied for HSMP through an immigration agency and obtained my HSMP in March 2008. I was trying to contact the agency to recommend a friend but shocked to find out that the company was busted in result of a police riad about 2 weeks ago. The people working there were accused of forgery hence are in custody waiting for trial.

I am very concerned about my case, although my file was closed at the agency when my HSMP was approved (March 2008) but I left copies of my documents which according to news police has confiscated along with some other forged stuff found there. My friend has told me that there is a risk that all the applications made through that company recenely can get cancelled. Although all the documents I provided were genuine but I am still concerned about my case. What shall I do at this point ?

Thanks for advise.

MORBULOUS_PRIME

Re: Immigration agency busted

Post by MORBULOUS_PRIME » Fri May 16, 2008 5:38 pm

adeelmpk wrote:Hi all,

I applied for HSMP through an immigration agency and obtained my HSMP in March 2008. I was trying to contact the agency to recommend a friend but shocked to find out that the company was busted in result of a police riad about 2 weeks ago. The people working there were accused of forgery hence are in custody waiting for trial.

I am very concerned about my case, although my file was closed at the agency when my HSMP was approved (March 2008) but I left copies of my documents which according to news police has confiscated along with some other forged stuff found there. My friend has told me that there is a risk that all the applications made through that company recenely can get cancelled. Although all the documents I provided were genuine but I am still concerned about my case. What shall I do at this point ?

Thanks for advise.
If you didn't lie and were truthful why worry?

martha

Post by martha » Fri May 16, 2008 6:53 pm

You dont need to do anything if you were truthful. Don't worry. If they investigate you, you have nothing to hide.

adeelmpk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by adeelmpk » Fri May 16, 2008 7:08 pm

That's right, but I fear that my documents could have been used for illegal purposes. I gave them almost all of my life's earned most important documents and one can easily hack's you with those documents.

ricky

Post by ricky » Fri May 16, 2008 9:24 pm

if the agency used your documents for any illegal purposes , it will not be your responsibilty ?????you were just their client , you trusted them like everybody else
the agency are the one who betrayed your trust if they used any of your documents

so i don t see why you are worried

you won t get thye blame mate , i am sure they have thousands customers and i doubt it very much that their customers will be blamed for anything

so chill out man

adeelmpk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by adeelmpk » Fri May 16, 2008 9:48 pm

Thanks Ricky

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Fri May 16, 2008 11:36 pm

I agree: if the agency misused your details or information in some way, that might be used as evidence against the agency, but not as evidence against you. The prosecutors will be interested in securing a conviction against the agency, or its management or employees, not against the customers that were acting in good faith.

jugnu
Newly Registered

Post by jugnu » Sat May 17, 2008 1:50 pm

By the way what was the name of the company!!!

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Mon May 19, 2008 10:07 am

You could also check your credit rating, which will indicate if anyone is trying to steal your identity and apply for loans etc pretending to be you. If there's nothing suspicious in your credit history, you will have some reassurance that your documents are not being misused.

It does seem unlikely this would have occurred. Committing financial fraud is a big step from dodgy immigration applications! Can understand why you are stressed though.