ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we send a registration certificate instead of sponsor's passport for EEA(FM) application?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

whowouldnotice
Newly Registered
Qatar

Can we send a registration certificate instead of sponsor's passport for EEA(FM) application?

Post by whowouldnotice » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:17 pm

My partner (EEA) and I (Non-EEA) intend to apply for a UK residence card for myself but my partner already has a registration certificate (QP). My partner intends to travel soon and will need to use his passport and does not have a national identity card. Does the registration certificate (QP) count as a proof of identity for the EEA person? In the case of submitting a paper application for a residence Card EEA(FM), could we use a european passport service to send it? Would we send the whole application through that service?

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Re: Can we send a registration certificate instead of sponsor's passport for EEA(FM) application?

Post by obormot » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:19 pm

I believe that:
- you/him cannot apply online and use EU passports return service if you apply alone as a family member; you have to apply y papre form
- you need to send your sponsor's pssport (and thewn ou can request it back without stopping them dealing with our application - but it might take several weeks to get the passport back)

A (probbly stupid, and not sure it would work) alternative:
Can he claim that he lost registration certificate, and re-apply in the same application with you as a dependant? (just £65 more..)
In that case you can use EU passports return service for both your passports