ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick turnaround?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ansliabhcorcra
Newly Registered
Ireland

Quick turnaround?

Post by ansliabhcorcra » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi there,

My time line is as follows:

Application Basis: 5 years residency (EU citizen)
Applied on: 28/08/2018
Application Received: 29/08/2018
Acknowledgement: 05.09.2018
Second Letter: 05.09.2018 (together with acknowledgement)
Approval: Awaiting

Given that the second letter has been issued less than 7 working days after application, I just wondered if this is considered in any way ''quick''. I also wonder if anyone can share information on how long second stage typically takes? I'm curious whether it might be possible to receive the approval in 2018 or not.

I should add, I had an application previously submitted based on 3 years residency with associations. The associations were difficult to document. The refusal letter came through with a decision to refuse due to the fact that I would be eligible to apply on the basis of my 5 years residency in less than 1.5 years. (by the time they refused the original application).

I would be interested to know if it's 'easier' to get an approval after having a previous application as many of the checks would have been completed already. Just wishful thinking, though. 8)

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Quick turnaround?

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:49 pm

I got second stage letter after 3 days of submission of my application and now here I am after almost a year with no response whatsoever from the department. Logically, a second application must be faster if all/most of the checks were already done previously, but knowing INIS and what people have been sharing about their experience with this department, no logical course of action is guaranteed...

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Iggy4 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:21 pm

I also applied as an EU citizen and got 2nd stage letter day after they recieved my documents together with ref number. ( 9th Jul Application, 10th Jul 2nd stage letter. ).

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:23 am

I got my second stage straight away, never went to the first stage. I applied in Feb, 2018 and I am still waiting on my approval, haven't heard anything since.

I am not too sure whether I was lucky or not to go to the second stage straight away, it really doesn't look like it. A few friends that have applied before and after me that went to the first and the second stage already got their approvals. So I am not too sure what being in the second stage means nowadays...

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:44 pm

I applied in October 2017 and got my 2nd stage letter in November 2017. No updates after that. However, I did call today and was told that my application is “fine” ans should be submitted to the minister in the next month. That I would’t make it to this ceremony but Inwould be included in the next one. Hope that’s true cause that would mean it is going to be approved 🙌🏽 Fingers crossed