ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unupdated Police Registeration & ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Maria2281
Newly Registered
Mood:
Armenia

Unupdated Police Registeration & ILR

Post by Maria2281 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:25 am

Hi,
I arrived in the UK in 2008, mix of tier-2 and tier-4 visas, about to apply for the ILR Set LR/10 yr route (no dependents). I just have two issues.

1st issue:
My police certificate from 2008-2010 was lost and I have gotten a new one since 2010. Worried that they may ask for it in the ILR appointment.

2nd and main issue:
I am from a country that requires police registeration. Throughout my 10 year stay I have been regularly updating my police registeration certificate including changes of address, registering new visas and etc.

However, two years ago when I extended my visa I forgot to register with the police within 7 days. I have only registered after 10 months of the start of my visa, and the officers at the station were extremely furious but eventually gave me a verbal warning and decided not to put it in my record/system. But the stamp that they stamped on the certificate was a normal stamp but cleary has a date that is 10 months after the start of my visa which is worrying me.

After that visa ended last year, I applied for another Tier-2 and got 2 year visa (which is my current one and expiring soon, registered within 7 days with the police too) and thank god they didn’t check my previous late registeration.

I read online that for immigration/ILR applications, ECO’s meticulously check the dates on the police registeration and any breach in my visa would be an automatic refusal in ILR’s?

I am really worried about that, my certificate is updated regularly but just 2 years ago I registered my new visa with the police 10 months late. Anyone faced a similar issue with their ILR application?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Unupdated Police Registeration & ILR

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:13 pm

As long as you have a police registration certificate you should be fine.
Police registration is generally a local police force service and delays in registration are largely ignored unless the certificate says something explicitly negative
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:51 am

My friend has exactly the same issue but the ILR was granted. I don't believe you will have issues as long as you have a valid police certificate.

abrs8
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abrs8 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:05 am

similar situation as your point number 1. Lost it, and got another one. I asked the registration office in London about it and they said as long as it has a few records on it it should be fine. My application is next week so I'll try to remember to come back here and let you know if I face any issues.