ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved Aug 2018 (Tier 2 G)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tnila
India

ILR Approved Aug 2018 (Tier 2 G)

Post by tnila » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:13 pm

Hi Guys,

Recently I got ILR approved. Sharing my experience that might help someone.
  • Tier 2 General. Same Employer for 5 years. Salary well above requirement
  • Submiteed online application form (31st July 2018), booked premium service for 31st Aug at Cryodon
  • After submission I got Payrise(salary before was also above the minimum requirement, so I was not much concerned about salary increase), asked the employer to mention that in Employers letter. Manually added the figure on printed SET(O) form along with wrote a cover letter pointing to salary change
  • Documents Added:
    - Original Passport
    - 2 Passport size photos
    - BRP
    - Life in UK test certificate
    - Employer letter detailing absence from the UK
    - UK Masters degree certificate (for the English Language)
    - Last Tier 2 leave to remain approval letter
    - Signed confirmation consent letter
    - Salary slips for last 6 months (including salary for the month with pay rise)
    - P60 forms for the last 5 years
    - Bank Statement for the last 6 months (without salary with pay rise as the salary was paid just before the appointment day)
    - Employers letter confirming employment
  • I had two set of documents - original and photocopies
  • On appointment day
    - Submitted Application on the appointment time
    - After submission got a call from the caseworker asking about payrise.
    - I had submitted employer letter with confirmation and payslip as well, but there was no entry in my bank statement to prove this
    - Caseworker asked if I could send him a screenshot of my mobile banking where he can see raised salary was deposited.
    - I took the screenshot of online banking app and sent it to him via email on an email he asked me to
    - After 40 mins, got confirmation letter and original documents
  • Received new BRP within 3 days

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: ILR Approved Aug 2018 (Tier 2 G)

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:17 am

So quick? I waited for 3 hours........
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Lynz1988
Canada

Post by Lynz1988 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:39 pm

This is really useful. I was put in for 2 raises about 6 months ago and was told it MIGHT appear on my September payslip. I'm due for my ILR and have my appointment booked for Oct 22nd. If my pay raise suddenly appeared in September on my payslip, I was going to have my employer write the reason for it as well. I spoke to a lawyer who said that the employer should also confirm and ensure that the SMS is updated and HO are aware so that there are no discrepancies! This is good news just in case my rise comes :-)

Dryasser
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dryasser » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience...

Can I ask you when did you apply in relation to date of visa stamp/ date of arrival to UK ?

tnila
India

Post by tnila » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:01 am

@Dryasser - I applied after 5 years on Tier 2 visa.