ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What are the implications of not switching Visa for dependants

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sassybee

What are the implications of not switching Visa for dependants

Post by sassybee » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:54 pm

Hi all,

Hope we all doing well?

Please a quick question from me here.

I am currently on TIE visa till Feb 2020. I have been on TIE since Feb 2014 and ideally should qualify for ILR in Feb 2019 under the 5 years route. Note my 5yrs include 11+ mons waiting for extension application to be approved.

So my questions are:

1) If I switch to T2G now will I still qualify for ILR in Feb 2019?
2) What will be the implication for my dependants if I switch my visa without switching for them.

Thank You

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: What are the implications of not switching Visa for dependants

Post by marcnath » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:16 pm

sassybee wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:54 pm
Hi all,

Hope we all doing well?

Please a quick question from me here.

I am currently on TIE visa till Feb 2020. I have been on TIE since Feb 2014 and ideally should qualify for ILR in Feb 2019 under the 5 years route. Note my 5yrs include 11+ mons waiting for extension application to be approved.

So my questions are:

1) If I switch to T2G now will I still qualify for ILR in Feb 2019?
2) What will be the implication for my dependants if I switch my visa without switching for them.

Thank You
1) Yes
2) That is unclear to me. But it looks like there should be no impact. The PBS dependant visa is always granted with the same expiry date as the expiry date of the main applicant. But once granted, I don't see any grounds for curtailment unless the main applicant's visa is also curtailed.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

sassybee

Post by sassybee » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:45 pm

marcnath wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:16 pm
Yes
2) That is unclear to me. But it looks like there should be no impact. The PBS dependant visa is always granted with the same expiry date as the expiry date of the main applicant. But once granted, I don't see any grounds for curtailment unless the main applicant's visa is also curtailed.
Thanks Marcnath.

Dependant have their Visa up till Feb 2020.

Just want to make sure that by me switching to T2G and not switching them over does not render their current dependant visa invalid.

Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:18 pm

sassybee wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:45 pm
marcnath wrote:
Yes
Thanks Marcnath.

Just want to make sure that by me switching to T2G and not switching them over does not render their current dependant visa invalid.

Thanks
As I said before it is not very clear.
It might be worth taking legal advice.
If your dependants travel out and try to come in on T1E dependant while you are on T2G, the chances of being refused entry and having the visa cancelled is extremely high.
But if they remain in the country, it appears to be ok.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

sassybee

Post by sassybee » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:39 pm

marcnath wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:18 pm
sassybee wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:45 pm
marcnath wrote:
Yes
Thanks Marcnath.

Thanks
As I said before it is not very clear.
It might be worth taking legal advice.
If your dependants travel out and try to come in on T1E dependant while you are on T2G, the chances of being refused entry and having the visa cancelled is extremely high.
But if they remain in the country, it appears to be ok.
Thanks Marcnath,

Dependants will not be travelling.

One last question is; will my dependants still qualify for ILR at the same time as myself (considering they have been on T1E dependants for 5 years) or will my switching to T2G break the chain for them.

Thank You

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:45 pm

The dependents should not be affected. They will remain on the correct route, the PBS dependant route, as you switch to Tier 2. They should be free to travel too. Curtailment and refusal can only happen if you as the main applicant lose your right to stay here and therefore they consequently will be affected.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sassybee

Post by sassybee » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:18 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:45 pm
The dependents should not be affected. They will remain on the correct route, the PBS dependant route, as you switch to Tier 2. They should be free to travel too. Curtailment and refusal can only happen if you as the main applicant lose your right to stay here and therefore they consequently will be affected.
Thank you Zimba and Marcnath