ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child under 18 British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rizzu155

Child under 18 British citizenship

Post by rizzu155 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:12 pm

Hi senior members

I'm going to apply for British citizenship for my daughter, she has recently got ILR.

My daughter born in India and at that time we were on Tier 2 visa, and recently I have got British and my wife is on ILR.

I am confused which form to use to apply British citizenship for my daughter.

I read it's MN1 but under which section I should apply ? Appreciate your help

section 1(3) birth in the UK to parents who are now settled in the UK or have become British citizens
 section 1(3A) birth in the UK to parents who have joined the armed forces
 section 3(1) child whose parents are applying for British citizenship
 section 3(2) birth abroad to parents who are British by descent and have lived in the UK or a British overseas territory
 section 3(5) birth abroad to parents who are British by descent but are now living in the UK or a British overseas territory
 section 3(1) children adopted abroad by British citizen parents
 section 3(1) children whose parents had renounced and subsequently resumed British citizenship
 section 3(1) any other case not listed below where it is considered to be in the
 child’s best interests to be granted British citizenship
 section 4D birth abroad to parents serving in the armed forces

vinny

Re: Child under 18 British citizenship

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:26 pm

3(1).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rizzu155

Post by rizzu155 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:20 pm

Thanks VInny

We are thinking to apply using online application I believe the time for processing application using online service is less compare to using form/NCS ... please correct me if i am wrong

Also please confirm if my daughter needs to attend ceremony ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:09 am

rizzu155 wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:20 pm
Thanks VInny

We are thinking to apply using online application I believe the time for processing application using online service is less compare to using form/NCS ... please correct me if i am wrong
Sorry. I don't know.
Also please confirm if my daughter needs to attend ceremony ?
No.
All applicants (except those who are not of full age) are required to make an oath and pledge at a citizenship ceremony before they are registered or naturalised as a British citizen. As an alternative to the oath, applicants may make an affirmation of allegiance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rizzu155

Post by rizzu155 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:55 am

sorry finally few more queries

1) My wife is on ILR and not applying British citizenship yet we are planning after few years time. Is there any issue registering citizenship for my daughter now

2) My daughter just got ILR a month back, Does she require to be on ILR for a year before applying citizenship ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:09 am

1) My wife is on ILR and not applying British citizenship yet we are planning after few years time. Is there any issue registering citizenship for my daughter now
NO!!
2) My daughter just got ILR a month back, Does she require to be on ILR for a year before applying citizenship ?
NO!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.