ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How Can My Girlfriend Stay?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Choby
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

How Can My Girlfriend Stay?

Post by Choby » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:39 pm

My girlfriend and I met in December. We love eachother very much. I'm English born and raised and she's from Vietnam, here on a study visa.

Her visa expires on 05/02/2019. How can we get her to stay here? I believe having a company sponsor her if she's employed by them is one way, but can anyone with some knowledge help us out and let us know of any/all other options?

Thanks.

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: How Can My Girlfriend Stay?

Post by equitydealer » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:23 pm

Do you plan to marry? If so she could switch to a spouse visa as long as you meet the other requirements such as financial.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:45 pm

Choby wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:39 pm
My girlfriend and I met in December. We love eachother very much. I'm English born and raised and she's from Vietnam, here on a study visa.

Her visa expires on 05/02/2019. How can we get her to stay here? I believe having a company sponsor her if she's employed by them is one way, but can anyone with some knowledge help us out and let us know of any/all other options?

Thanks.
If you are planning on settling down, and she is the one, get married and switch using FLR M if you meet the requirements! The registrar will refer you as required to the HO and you'll have either a 28 day or a 70 day wait for approval. After which you can apply

Alternatively as you said, find a sponsor for her to work and switch to T2. (If that's possible that is)

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:49 am

Was her study visa granted for longer than six months?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.