ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Address to post documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BilalPathan786

FLR Guidance Please

Post by BilalPathan786 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:53 pm

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help, i just had a few questions about FLR that i couldn't answer from going through the forum.

My wife's initial Leave to Remain expires on the 4th November so i know we need to apply for her FLR around 4 weeks beforehand, she has passed her A2 Selt Exam and we have the original certificate.

Apart from the exam certificate could anyone tell me what other documents i need.

Sorry if this is available somewhere else - i have had a look but can't seem to find a list similar to one i found a couple of years ago when i applied for my wifes initial VISA.

The Home Office website does have a list of requirements but i know some people have said that its not the best place to see exactly what document constitutes as proof.

Thanks,
Bilal

alewid
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: FLR Guidance Please

Post by alewid » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:35 pm

BilalPathan786 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:53 pm
Hi,
My wife's initial Leave to Remain expires on the 4th November so i know we need to apply for her FLR around 4 weeks beforehand, she has passed her A2 Selt Exam and we have the original certificate.
You do not need to apply 4 weeks beforehand.
It's the earliest you can apply if you want to and before the current BRP expires. When did your wife first enter the UK because you need to make sure you don't end up short off the full 5 years residence for Indefinite Leave.

Although with the long processing times nowadays, it might not be a problem anymore.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:45 pm

Did you use FLR FP or FLR M? There are many posts with document lists and I'm happy to help once you provide further detail.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

BilalPathan786

Post by BilalPathan786 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:16 am

Hi Both,

Thanks for your responses.

My wife arrived in the country on the 10th February 2016.

We will be applying using FLR (M)

Thanks

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:14 pm

The application form, especially online, makes it really clear and easy what you need. Firstly, you must ensure you meet the required financial requirement.

2 x passport photo of applicant.
1 x passport photo of spouse.
Applicant passport
Spouse passport
Marriage certificate
2.5 years of cohabitation documents, three sources joint names on on original hard copy.

A2 English Exam (go to SELT Trinity site and wife needs to pass this as it's the extension)

Finances - if your salary changed in the same company make sure this is explained.
Employment letter
6 months payslip (original or if printed need to be certified by your HR)
6 months bank statements
(original or if printed need to be certified by your bank) highlight your pay and also any expenses paid. Explain any other deposits from your employer that is non salary to avoid issues

Accommodation
If you're a home owner - original title deed, mortgage documents
If renting - tenancy agreement

Any other relevant information about the applicant.

If you go premium, supply a copy of all documents.

I believe that is it. Will edit this post if I think of anything else

You don't need photos or text messages what app.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

shfh7815
Pakistan

Post by shfh7815 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:41 pm

Thanks for your swift reply!

Regarding the cohabitation, we only have one joint bank account together so I can provide that . Besides from that everything else is individual. I have read on this forum they require 6 separate correspondence for each applicant and spouse...I think I only have 4 for my wife.. so that may be an issue?

Also i live with my parents and the house is on my dad's name, I understand that he will require to write me a letter...what kinds of details does this need to include?

Thanks!
Biometrics 11th may
Processed 10th August - refused
Appeal submitted 26th Aug
Confirmation 12th October
MP letter 12th Nov
Appeal deadline- 22 Jan
Email- refusal overturned- 24th Nov
Call- will email letter for submission - 26th Nov

asif3
United Kingdom

Post by asif3 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:44 pm

Proof of Address Docs
Six items of correspondence addressed to you and your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together up to a maximum of two years.

See Note 11. Note 11 The items of correspondence should be addressed to you jointly or in both your names. Examples of acceptable items are listed below.

The documents provided must be originals. Photocopies are not acceptable. The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole period you are relying on. They should be from at least 3 different sources. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you. For example - Four items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and two items addressed to each partner at the address. In total eight items would need to be submitted. If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names, you will need to submit twelve items (six each) of correspondence, evidencing that you reside together at the same address. If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the period you are relying on, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this. If you did not live together for any part of the period you are relying on, tell us the reasons for this and whether you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant supporting evidence. Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide six items; if the items are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the period you are relying on.

shfh7815
Pakistan

Post by shfh7815 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:44 pm

Thank you very much!!
Biometrics 11th may
Processed 10th August - refused
Appeal submitted 26th Aug
Confirmation 12th October
MP letter 12th Nov
Appeal deadline- 22 Jan
Email- refusal overturned- 24th Nov
Call- will email letter for submission - 26th Nov

BilalPathan786

Just 2 questions about FLR (M)

Post by BilalPathan786 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:04 pm

Hi,

I just had 2 really quick questions about the FLR(M)

1. As long as i send all original documents is there any need to involve a solicitor, the FLR fee is high enough as it is and i would rather gather all the paperwork and complete the form myself without having to pay a solicitor to stamp anything if that isn't needed,

2. I know i need documents to prove that me and my wife live together that cover the last 2 1/2 years - we have bank statements, utility bills etc but what i wanted to do know was do we have to have a document from the day that she arrived in the country or say we don't have anything that covers the first few months she was here would that be an issue? I have enough documents to cover the last 18-24 months but definitely not for the first few even though we were living together.

Thanks in advance!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Just 2 questions about FLR (M)

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:10 pm

1. As long as i send all original documents is there any need to involve a solicitor, the FLR fee is high enough as it is and i would rather gather all the paperwork and complete the form myself without having to pay a solicitor to stamp anything if that isn't needed,
Not needed really, in my opinion. Solicitors often get even the most simple and basic applications horribly wrong.
2. I know i need documents to prove that me and my wife live together that cover the last 2 1/2 years - we have bank statements, utility bills etc but what i wanted to do know was do we have to have a document from the day that she arrived in the country or say we don't have anything that covers the first few months she was here would that be an issue? I have enough documents to cover the last 18-24 months but definitely not for the first few even though we were living together.
You need to provide whatever you can or whatever you have, either in joint names or addressed to each of you individually at the same address.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Just 2 questions about FLR (M)

Post by ariamus » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:35 pm

I think you only need to evidence the last 2 years, as opposed to the 2.5 years.

My wife and I don’t have 3 different sources in joint names so I am gathering any letters either of us received to meet this requirement.

Also a letter from my mother as we lived with her for 1 year and had no bills in our names!

BilalPathan786

Question about when to submit Biometrics

Post by BilalPathan786 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:02 am

Hi All,

I just had a very quick question.

I have today completed the application for my wifes FLR (M) - at the end of the application i was told to print out a biometric enrollment letter and take this to the post office within 15 days - thats all fine but from reading previous posts it sounded like the home office would send me a letter instructing me to visit a post office with my wife to submit her biometrics so i wasn't sure whether or not to just go asap and complete this or whether i should be waiting for another letter through the post from the home office.

Hope someone can clarify this for me!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question about when to submit Biometrics

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:26 am

Yes, just print the biometric letter and enroll biometrics. No need to wait for another letter by post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BilalPathan786

FLR (M) Address to post documents

Post by BilalPathan786 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:39 pm

Hi,

Hoping someone can clarify.

I have completed the online form for FLR (M) and at the end of the checklist it says to post my supporting documents along with the checklist to:

Family 2 and 5 year Standard,
PO BOX 3468,
Sheffield,
S3 8WA.

However i have read everywhere else that the documents should be posted to the Durham address, could someone who has experience please let me know whether i am okay to send my documents to the Sheffield address?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (M) Address to post documents

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:29 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)